Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Associate
What cases are people using on their 9.7" iPad Pro? I'll be damned if I'm buying the Apple Smart cover. On my Air 2 I had a non-genuine Smart style cover which was great, but it seems at the moment suppliers are still awaiting their shipments from Asia on the various non-genuine options.

Associate
What cases are people using on their 9.7" iPad Pro? I'll be damned if I'm buying the Apple Smart cover. On my Air 2 I had a non-genuine Smart style cover which was great, but it seems at the moment suppliers are still awaiting their shipments from Asia on the various non-genuine options.

I daftly ordered the smart cover. I only realised yesterday that this doesn't cover the back and that they want to sell me a Silicone Case as well. At £55. So not going to happen. Quite likely that I'll buy a Knomo cover once they have one for the pro.

Last edited:
Associate
I daftly ordered the smart cover. I only realised yesterday that this doesn't cover the back and that they want to sell me a Silicone Case as well. At £55. So not going to happen. Quite likely that I'll buy a Knomo cover once they have one for the pro.

I nearly fell in to that trap too when I been bought my large Pro. I can vouch for these cases, however they are still waiting for stock of the 9.7" versions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech®-Slim-Fit-Smart-Cover-Function-Black/dp/B00W4ZLZP8

One thing just to save you wasted money, from what I've read the genuine front/rear covers don't play nice with their respective non genuine counterparts. I.e. be careful when buying a non genuine rear to compliment your genuine front.

Im sat here with my 9.7" pro still in its protective film until I find a case :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I nearly fell in to that trap too when I been bought my large Pro. I can vouch for these cases, however they are still waiting for stock of the 9.7" versions.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JETech®-Slim-Fit-Smart-Cover-Function-Black/dp/B00W4ZLZP8

One thing just to save you wasted money, from what I've read the genuine front/rear covers don't play nice with their respective non genuine counterparts. I.e. be careful when buying a non genuine rear to compliment your genuine front.

Im sat here with my 9.7" pro still in its protective film until I find a case :(

Bought this case as well, awesome quality

Associate
Just sold my Air2 64GB Gold to a family member and purchased a Space Grey 128GB 9.7. I'm liking it so far, the extra memory is brill and it sure is faster in the tasks I do. I would have gone for the bigger Pro but after playing with one in the store, I decided that the 9.7 is big enough plus I have a MacBook Pro for everything else.

Soldato
Held out to see what this would be and the price point but I think as people have said it is just not a big enough leap over the Air 2 to justify.

As other have done, I just pulled the trigger on a 64GB refurb Air2 for £359.00. This has to be the best deal out there at the moment.

I expect the Air2 to last me a few years, I'm still using an iPad2 which was bought on the day of release!

Caporegime
I expect the Air2 to last me a few years, I'm still using an iPad2 which was bought on the day of release!

We have a ipad 3 and 4 in the house and my son got passed down an ipad 1 that was from the refurb store and still going strong. Although most apps won't load on it now it's great to take on flights for him loaded with films :D

He's getting my ipad3 now. The ipad 1 looks as good as the day it was bought. Battery is still great. I will stick it on a local selling FB site and see if it get's me back enough for a couple of pints :D

Caporegime
She loves jigsaw puzzles, too! What app has your nan got? I've been looking at the Ravensburger one but can't work out whether you are awarded coins when you complete a puzzle to purchase new ones or whether you have to keep shelling out with real cash.

Associate
I gave my mini 1 to my 88-year-old nan. She is having a whale of a time doing crosswords on it. :D

My 94 year old Granma was awesome and used to email etc and Facebook, though now passed on bless her. Find Friends keeps trying to find her and keeps saying "Location not available"....

Her highlight was streaming the Carling Cup final a couple of years ago! My Dad can't manage that!

Suspended
Our company has been testing the iPad Pro against the Surface Pro for a few weeks now in order to determine which is best for the companies road warriors. Having looked at the two in some detail I thought the Surface was the better machine.

However, the road warriors themselves have now made the decision with an overwhelming thumbs up for the Surface Pro and a thumbs down for the iPad.

I actually thought people would be swayed by the lure of Apple but not a bit of it - just goes to show.

Back
Top Bottom