• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best 980ti

Associate
OP
I've decided to go with the EVGA Hybrid as it's cool and quiet. With the £40 cashback it's roughly £50 more than the other one I'm looking at, so not too much more for a water cooler as that's pretty much the price of a AIO 120mm

Associate
I was either considering the Palit Super jetstream (as it matches my build colours) or the EVGA Hybrid. I was leaning towards the hybrid as I'd prefer to spend the extra money and get the best I can as opposed to cheaping out for the sake of £50 and regretting it

I have the Palit, brilliant card, just as Palit's 980 was.

Soldato
So, what's everyone's suggestion for best 980ti then?

Seen the Gigabyte 980 Ti XTREME GAMING for £560 which seems pretty good value, otherwise I've seen EVGA have a bundle going for the 980Ti Superclocked+ GAMING ACX 2.0+ & a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO for £595.... however that looks a worse card than the Gigabyte.

Caporegime
I'm interested in asking this as well as I've suddenly gotten a bit more cash. I can't go for the EVGA Hybrid unfortunately as I have nowhere to put the cooler though.

Associate
I have order a 980Ti Xtreme as it was only a fiver more than the G1.

I have been reading solid for 48 hours and I choose the Giga rather than EVGA due to a quieter cooler.

edit, and I ordered a S2716DG to go with it..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I guess there's a bunch of similar ones, and the thing to do is just hope/pray that one comes up on a reasonable TWO deal.

So, TwsT: when will there be some of these 980TIs on TWO (and with a decent discount) :p?

Soldato
I have the MSI Gaming model. I don't know how it over clocks as I've never tried, but it's boosted out of the factory, is built like a brick **** house and runs very quietly. Consequently I find it ticks the boxes I wanted ticked.

Associate
OP
Well after a couple days I can report back the hybrid was definitely worth it. It comes with a factory overclock of ~140mhz and I managed to get an additional 200mhz out of it, plus since it's so cool nvidia automatically bumps it up to a boost of 1550mhz. It does all this whilst near silent, it's no different in noise to when my pc is idle. It also stays around 50 degrees under full load, which is nice and cool :D

Soldato
Hm I might have to try for higher clocks on my reference card under water. I've got 1504/8000. My performance does just drop of a bit in valley after 1450 in valley at least, so watch out for that.

Associate
Love the cooling on the hybrids but they are a PitA when you need to remove them out the case. Not quite as bad as a full water cooled system but still annoying. I guess that's just the prices of cooling.

Associate
OP
Just a word of advice Bazzards, open something like msi afterburner and play some games before overclocking as mine boosts to 1550mhz without me touching the thing! As I said I can do a manual overclock of 200mhz but then it doesn't boost as high, so for now i'm running on the stock speeds with it boosting to 1550mhz :)

Back
Top Bottom