Corsa C 1.7DTI issue....

Associate
Pretty much, you can buy specific blanking plates for them which are less fiddly, bit of a pain with the angle of the hole you need to cover as the coin will move as soon as you let go to tighten the pipe back up :p, quick wipe around the edges and a lil dab of araldite on either end of the coin did the trick for me :D

Mine had started to be a lil hesitant for awhile before gradually getting worse, blanked off the EGR and ran great afterwards, garage even commented on how clean it ran for a diesel when it went in for its MOT, best 2p I ever spent :p

Edit:

Had a quick look on AOC as I was certain someone had asked about a Corsa C 1.7 DTI EGR blank before:
http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php/726190-1-7DTi-EGR-Blanking!

Last edited:
Associate
I blanked mine using a 2p piece, (even mentioned it on the forums when they were trying to sell a blanking plate for a few quid) but my cel would come on, so had to drill a small hole in it.

I did that "mod" not because of a fault but as preventative maintenance, so didn't think about it regards to yours, but the egr should remain shut under wot, only opening on idle and light throttle (that's when i got the cel until i drilled a smallish 8mm iirc hole).

But try it first without the hole as others have varying results.

The club in IamMed's link is the one i frequent/ed most but under a different name.

Caporegime
OP
Does it rev over 4000rpm? I had one years ago that wouldnt and it was the air mass meter on the air inlet

It'll goto nearly 5k albeit slowly, it picks up well once over 1500rpm but still feels like I'm lifting and then reapplying the throttle even though my foot is planted to the floor....

I'm going to try blanking the EGR off this weekend to see if that helps along with swapping the fuel filter, maybe it'll fix it, more likely,I'll break it! :o

Associate
Yeah. Still going strong with just shy of 200k and an average of late 50"s mpg over the last few k .. But it's been delegated to a pool car over the summer whilst my brother uses his mx5. Then it'll be in use full time again.

Not bad going, I used to average 40mpg with my foot buried everywhere, mines currently being used by my sister up in Scotland, still going well, aside some general service and wear and tear stuff all it's ever needed was a windscreen wiper motor and an alternator.. wish I could say the same about my Mondeo ST TDCi.. :p:(

Scania said:
I'm going to try blanking the EGR off this weekend to see if that helps along with swapping the fuel filter, maybe it'll fix it, more likely,I'll break it! :o
The bolts for the EGR pipe can be a lil fiddly with the access but straight forward enough otherwise :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks again, I'll invest in a code reader.

Its had a few "Italian tune ups" since I've owned it but tbh its making no difference at all, I'm still surprised by its apparent complete lack of smoke under load, got it upto 95 this morning (on my private airfield) took sodding ages though but progress over the same distance from the other day when it wouldn't pass 90....

Any recommendations for a good Vauxhall forum please?

Another thing, I've tried Googling the EGR for a 1.7 DTI (Y17DT engine) and I'm only finding results for the CDTI which isn't what I have, are we sure mine has one?

migweb, if it still exists.

Caporegime
OP
Tried removing it today, seems to have been bolted in by Captain Caveman, wouldn't budge at all. :/

I'll have words with the fitters at work on Monday, air tools should do it....

Back
Top Bottom