Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
Brand new?

I'll have a look thanks, cheapest I've found is 390 from a big OCUK competitor but its 400 through them on their popular bidding website account.

EDIT: Just seen where you got it from, dunno if I trust that website, looks very unprofessional ??

I know what you mean mate I felt the same way and had a good browse of their website and reviews etc. All seems legit tbf, the reviews didn't look set up or anything. One customer said he didn't trust at first with the site not being registered as your typical domain .com .Co. UK etc but all went smoothly.
I suppose you could give them a ring if you wanted the extra peace of mind :)

Edit: and yes brand new

Soldato
awesome I waited months for the price to come down and finally got one using that bidding website code for £405. And now you can get it for £369! Just my luck :(

Still it's an awesome monitor

Associate
It was 405 on the said website only a couple of days ago and went down to 369 recently. I suspect it will go back up once they sell their last 1 in stock. I know what how u feel though, sods law!

I know the feeling. I ordered the same and seen the reduction the day after so ordered another at the lower price and refused the first one on delivery..

Soldato
awesome I waited months for the price to come down and finally got one using that bidding website code for £405. And now you can get it for £369! Just my luck :(

Still it's an awesome monitor

Don't feel bad. I paid £99 for mine due to a pricing error on a large and well-known website a few months ago. :p

Associate
I know what you mean mate I felt the same way and had a good browse of their website and reviews etc. All seems legit tbf, the reviews didn't look set up or anything. One customer said he didn't trust at first with the site not being registered as your typical domain .com .Co. UK etc but all went smoothly.
I suppose you could give them a ring if you wanted the extra peace of mind :)

Edit: and yes brand new

Has yours turned up yet mate?

Tempted to give it a punt at that price, paying through PayPal should give me some buyer protection (?)

Associate
Hey Spuddy, yeah I've received all the emailed confirmations it's been dispatched now so I'll be receiving it Monday :). Did you snap up the last one in stock?. And yeah you'll be safe with PayPal dude.

Nope, I've just gone to do it now and it's gone :(

That'll teach me in future! Ha. I'll have to see if they're getting more stock in..

Soldato
I bought one and will be running one side by side with the new Eizo ips 144hz.

the Eizo is coming in from Germany so won't have them both setup until next Tuesday.

Associate
Did your monitor turn up today mate?

Happy with it? :)

Yea mate all set up and loving it. Better colours then my previous 144hz Benq (once tweaked) and the G SYNC is sublime. Also happy with how my 970 copes with 1440p, had to turn down the AA to X2 in bf4 but it's hardly made much difference anyway with the higher res helping with the jaggies. Happy days so far :)

Associate
Yea mate all set up and loving it. Better colours then my previous 144hz Benq (once tweaked) and the G SYNC is sublime. Also happy with how my 970 copes with 1440p, had to turn down the AA to X2 in bf4 but it's hardly made much difference anyway with the higher res helping with the jaggies. Happy days so far :)

Good to hear that! gives me faith in the company and the monitor then ha.

I trust it there are no problems with your panel, such as dead/bright pixels or dodgy colour shift?

Associate
Good to hear that! gives me faith in the company and the monitor then ha.

I trust it there are no problems with your panel, such as dead/bright pixels or dodgy colour shift?

No dead pixels all seems fine. The only slight annoyance is this 'inverse ghosting' you see with objects and bright backgrounds. But from the reading up I've done this is to be expected from a monitor of this spec in regards to response time etc. I can't say it was as noticeable on my 24" benq 144hz so I won't be losing to much sleep over it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would I be right in thinking this monitor effectively makes the TN ROG Swift obsolete based on price, or is there something the ROG has that this one doesn't?

Soldato
No dead pixels all seems fine. The only slight annoyance is this 'inverse ghosting' you see with objects and bright backgrounds. But from the reading up I've done this is to be expected from a monitor of this spec in regards to response time etc. I can't say it was as noticeable on my 24" benq 144hz so I won't be losing to much sleep over it.

Have you ensured that the response time is set to 'normal' on the OSD? It's far better than the 'fast' setting IMO.

Associate

I have no idea what inverse ghosting is ?? presume its not a deal breaker?

This will be my first gaming/high end monitor. Currently using an old Samsung P2270 TN so not encountered all these fancy terms before lol

Back
Top Bottom