*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Made me laugh when Martin said that if he thought AJ again, he would take it right to him from the start.

Sorry, but all that would achieve is a quicker bedtime for him.

I figured Martin was a Chris Byrd type fighter who would hide and jab... but not. He's a southpaw who wants to be a slogger with a jabber's body. LOL

Martin is like one of those randomly generated boxers on Fight Night.

Transmission breaker
Don
So what did we learn about AJ in this fight?
Martin didn't exactly look like much of a test, but AJ can only knockout what's placed infront of him.
I didn't see much in the way of "skill" from Martin in this fight, and went and watched his highlight reel and he always looked awkward and slow, even when knocking people down.
Not really belt holding material in my eyes.
I suppose AJ winning the belt makes things more interesting and able to pull in a wider selection of fighters going forward, but i guess people will say he's probably a little green to hold a world title?
Still, he looked largely untroubled and found a big gap in Martin's defence, which he then exploited twice.
Job done and move on..

Soldato
Going by the absolute stiffs the IBF keep sending Kell Brook to fight as mandatories AJ will probably get a few easy defences anyway so winning the title is a win win for him, probably gets more money fighting as a World Champion.

Leave Haye and Fury for a year or so.

Soldato
There isn't a heavyweight on the planet who's taking AJs power. Wilder and Haye would pose more of a threat because of the fact they both move around, are harder to hit clean than Martin was and they can both bang. Saying that though AJ could just as easily KO them early if he lands one but he could easily get caught as well. I wouldn't say he's not ready for them since he can KO anyone and his technique and timing looks good.

Haye, I simply cannot stand. Its so obvious he's come back for a big fight payout and he doesn't deserve one after the klitchko fight. I really hope Briggs puts an end to him and we never hear from him again.

Suspended
There isn't a heavyweight on the planet who's taking AJs power. Wilder and Haye would pose more of a threat because of the fact they both move around, are harder to hit clean than Martin was and they can both bang. Saying that though AJ could just as easily KO them early if he lands one but he could easily get caught as well. I wouldn't say he's not ready for them since he can KO anyone and his technique and timing looks good.

Haye, I simply cannot stand. Its so obvious he's come back for a big fight payout and he doesn't deserve one after the klitchko fight. I really hope Briggs puts an end to him and we never hear from him again.

I disagree with that. You are getting far too carried away. If you don't appreciate that Haye could destroy Joshua then I'm not sure you understand boxing. AJ has done very well, but Haye is a 'proper' banger and when he catches AJ he'll sing him a lullaby.

There are levels to this.

Soldato
I disagree with that. You are getting far too carried away. If you don't appreciate that Haye could destroy Joshua then I'm not sure you understand boxing. AJ has done very well, but Haye is a 'proper' banger and when he catches AJ he'll sing him a lullaby.

With all due respect, I probably understand boxing far better than you, most of my predictions on here in the past have been correct.

Saying that Joshua can KO any heavyweight on the planet is a fact, it isn't getting 'carried away'. Haye imo as I said is a more dangerous opponent for Joshua than someone like Fury because of the fact that he's a lot quicker and he can bang. However, if Joshua lands even half a clean punch on Haye, even within the first 30 seconds it's lights out for Haye. A cruiserweight isn't standing up to Joshua's power. Haye is so obviously just looking for a big pay day though, do you remember his Klitscho fight and the build up? The guy is a joke.

There are levels to this.

Oh without a doubt there is, but levels mean less and less as you go up the weight divisions to these beasts. Levels will mean zilch when Joshua lands one on your chin. Heavyweights more than any other division have the greatest chance of scoring one punch KO's.

Last edited:
Soldato
AJ Has only ever been hit properly once and it rocked him a little. Now if Haye managed to hit him properly it would put him down imo. Haye is 10x the fighter dilan white is.

Could be wrong but i dont think AJ is anywhere near ready for Haye yet. Haye knows this and wants to take advantage of it whilst he can.

Suspended
AJ Has only ever been hit properly once and it rocked him a little. Now if Haye managed to hit him properly it would put him down imo. Haye is 10x the fighter dilan white is.

Could be wrong but i dont think AJ is anywhere near ready for Haye yet. Haye knows this and wants to take advantage of it whilst he can.

I agree. Too many people getting excited about AJ. He is a prospect, but people need to get a sense of perspective. To say he'd destroy Haye is just stupid. He's won a title from a chump. Let's see how he gets on when he fights a proper fighter. If they fought now Haye would destroy him and I'd put my money where my mouth is.

And don't get me wrong, I am not on the hate train. I like AJ and I hope he does well, but some mad comments in this thread.

Soldato
Who on earth has Haye fought of note in the heavyweight division?? Valuev who looks like he fights in slow motion and Klitchko, and we all saw what happened there. Of course Haye knows its better to face Joshua sooner rather than later because Joshua is still improving, but more than that he's hungry for a big pay day.

Joshua was hit and wobbled but he fought much much better after round 2 in his fight vs Whyte. Are you guys that delusional to think that if Haye was hit he wouldn't also be rocked? He's been KO'd by a cruiserweight. Of course he has a chance of beating Joshua, he has KO power in each hand but all this talk of he's 10x better than this person or 10x better than that person is nonsense. This is heavyweight boxing we're talking about, anyone can go down with a single shot. The only top heavyweight out there at present I feel seriously lacks KO power is Fury but he makes up for that in other areas.

Haye needs to fight better opposition before he's gifted another world title shot, Briggs and Whyte would be 2 good fights I'd like to see unlike these unknowns he's digging out. Briggs hasn't been stopped in almost 20 years and as old as he is he's very durable, and Whyte I think proved he can mix it at high level.

Soldato
Martin is a good boxer and I thought being a southpaw would pose a threat to Joshua, surprised at the result. I would have thought Martin's camp would have had a better game plan, Martin looked clueless!, wasn't an unexpected plan that Joshua would keep using that right along with his height (ha! rhymes).

I'd be surprised if Joshua fights Haye any time soon, it wouldn't be an easy fight and Haye would win, he has the experience and the manoeuvrability.

If you're not seeing Joshua's flaws then watch his Whyte fight again, granted it was a bit personal so he didn't stick to his game plan entirely but I wonder how the fight would have gone if Whyte had good cardio...

Soldato
Agreed regarding Chisora should be next but I can't see it being a decent test at all, AJ KO within 3.

What about.........Fraudley? :D

Associate
All this AJ v Joshua talk is pretty funny to read with 2 opinions! I'm a big AJ fan however if they were to fight next (I know they have fights planned but just an example) I would look at it as a 50/50. We know they both have big punch power which is what makes HW so unpredictable at times. It takes 1 punch. Ultimately we wont know how good AJ is until he gets in the ring with someone like Haye. 1 year and say 3 more fights down the line AJ may well just be to much for Haye but he can only fight who is in front of him and if he keeps knocking out the same level fights over and over again we just wont know. He could knockout 3 more of the same level as Charles Martin and not really gain any more information then we do now.

However I cannot wait for the Haye vs Briggs fight providing Briggs wins on Haye's undercard as you can tell Haye is beginning to really dislike him!

Back
Top Bottom