Anyone with an Aeron or similar chair?

Associate
I'm quite lucky at home - I've got a RH Logic 400 (bought by my work since I work from home for over £1100!) and a Steelcase Leap V2.

They're both nice chairs (and I prefer both to the Aerons I've tried - can never get on with the mesh), but I just find the Steelcase more comfortable. The RH Logic arms are no where near as nice as the Steelcase either - if anything they're quite restrictive.

Associate
OP
I'm getting used to it now - much more comfortable than my previous chair.

I'm not getting back pain or stiff back anymore so money well spent I guess. :)

Man of Honour
I'm getting used to it now - much more comfortable than my previous chair.

I'm not getting back pain or stiff back anymore so money well spent I guess. :)

Don't say that as you will get LOADS of Ikea fan boys rushing in to tell you you're wrong and it's NOTHING to do with the chair, even though you (and me) have had both so can compare back to back, as it were.

They are a superb chair and worth the money easily.

Associate
OP
Don't say that as you will get LOADS of Ikea fan boys rushing in to tell you you're wrong and it's NOTHING to do with the chair, even though you (and me) have had both so can compare back to back, as it were.

They are a superb chair and worth the money easily.

Don't get me wrong, the Ikea chair served me well for many years but it had worn out over the years hence why I replaced it.

Associate
Really torn on which to buy. Mirra 2 or Aeron? Been reading a lot about them and it seems like Mirra 2 is a newer design?

Not in the position to go and test any unfortunately.

EDIT: Well nvm. Went with an Aeron since I found it impossible to find a used Mirra 2. Will update.

EDIT2: With me now, it's the fully loaded version and absolutely love it. Sat down into it and my back pain completely vanished (not even exaggerating). Surprised that it's all metal. I saw pictures of the graphite model and expected it to be plastic.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone's Aeron creak when they recline in it? Mine makes a fair bit of a noise and is kind of driving me nuts but I guess it is 2nd hand so I'll have to deal with it.

Soldato
After looking at replacements for old crappy desk chair for new apartment I bit the bullet and put in an order for a Mirra 2. 4 week build time, cannot wait for it to arrive. Was instantly sold once I demoed it in a dealer.

Special deal on currently as well which took a fair chunk of change out of the price. Could have got the Aeron much cheaper but found I felt perched on it, whereas I felt more supported in the Mirra 2 which had more under the leg support (adjustable also).

Associate
OP
I've had the Aeron now for 5-6 months and thought I'd give a quick update.

No regrets. It's very comfortable and I can sit on it all day long. My back problem has gone and not resurfaced.

There have been complains of it being an old design and that had initially put me off. But I'm glad I bought it as, old design maybe, but still very comfortable.

Money well spent.

Only regret is that I should have bought one earlier. :)

Associate
OP
I had an Aeron but didn't rate it. Got a steal leap now off the bay and thats a lovely chair.

Good that you are happy with the steal leap.

I guess what suits one person does not necessarily suit anther. Best to try first.

Associate

No regrets. It's very comfortable and I can sit on it all day long. My back problem has gone and not resurfaced.

There have been complains of it being an old design and that had initially put me off. But I'm glad I bought it as, old design maybe, but still very comfortable.

Money well spent.

I had serious back pain because I was using some cheap "executive" chair. Absolutely no back pain at all now. Love the chair so much. Like you, my regret is not getting it earlier.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
As I mentioned in other threads - Aeron is a decent chair, if you can excuse Herman Miller's heavyhanded 'corrective shoe' school of design, but it's not a chair worth £1000+. If you can find it second hand, in good nick, for less than £250 - then it's definitely worth twice more than a random Staples executive. But anything more than that and it's highly questionable.
I mean - realistically, £1000 will buy hand stitched leathers in furniture range, it will buy custom built car seat conversions, often with electrics, whereas Aerons are just made like mid range office chairs. They have massive design flaws, some of the wear and tear is borderline dangerous especially when used by people with larger frame (Aeron seat cracking, google it up, they always crack in the same place and when they do, uh, it's like a Dothraki Arakh sword). They also wear out much quicker than a £1000+ chair ever should.

Man of Honour

Money well spent.

I've said this over and over and over and over.....

All the Markus lovers come rushing in.....forgetting I've had both and like you done the back to back (so to speak). Cheap badly built chair V good chair with generations of good reviews. Carries the HM tax but be clear, leagues ahead in quality and comfort to a Markus.

Glad you're happy.

Back
Top Bottom