England Team think Chump Manager What would You Do ?

Man of Honour
Personally I would go with youth and build for the 2006 WC

Robinson

Prutton, Ferdinand, Woodgate, Cole

Dyer, Bowyer, Dunn, Cole

Smith, Vassell /Defoe

we may well not do particularly well in European champs but lets build a team and keep it the same with only minor changes as did france and Prtugal so they get used to playing together in order to prepare us for 2006 and even 2008 EC and 210 WC

thats my view

gonna take a manager with massive coconuts to do it but for me is the only wat forward as at the moment we are going sideways.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
I would rather have a team of second class WC players who playe together regularly know what each other does and thinks than a team based around one so called WC player who although tries cant do everything.

No one has come up with another option than my own.

Beckham is 27-28 will be past it come 2008 2010 do we look for the future as tefrench did or do we look for the present ?

IMHO as the last two psts have proved it is for the present

PS the next WC s not the future we should be looking beyond that.

s-p

s-p

Associate
Originally posted by Dragon
Where be Beckham? Without him we probably wouldnt qualify for 2006 world cup.

He's massively over-rated in my opinion. He's lost a lot of the ability he had when he was young I believe, and is now a far more irratic, aggressive player. The way he goes in to a tackle with studs showing is a discrace, but he seems to get away with it all the time.

Nice to see you put Prutton in there. :D

Associate
i think beckem should be in the team..

also i think we should keep the young and build the team over a number of years with the same players..

Associate
another vote for beckham here!

Without him england would be in big trouble, there is no one like him...

he has the best work rate, the best passing ability, the best hair cut and the most experiance!

Ratty ;)

Man of Honour
No need to drop Beckham completely - he's a decent player to have on the bench.

My team as follows:

Robinson

Mills. Woodgate. Ferdinand. Bridge

Bowyer. Scholes. Gerrard. J.Cole

Smith. Fowler

Bench:

Vassell
Owen
Beckham
Campbell
Kirkland

PAz

PAz

Soldato
well for starters i wouldnt play that yob Smith up front, nice to see you tried to control your aggression for your first full game, my forum title is more suited to him!!!

Seaman
Neville, Rio, Campbell, A. Cole
Dyer, Beckahm, Scholes, J. Cole
Vassel, Defoe

Man of Honour
Originally posted by PAz
well for starters i wouldnt play that yob Smith up front, nice to see you tried to control your aggression for your first full game, my forum title is more suited to him!!!

Don't worry, you'd be sacked after the first match playing that team.

And I guess you're one of the only people in the country that think he deserved to be sent off. :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Originally posted by PAz
i dont think he should have even been in the team in the first place :p

Showing your lack of knowledge there :D

Who else is there? Owen who isn't scoring? Heskey who can't score? Fowler is injured. Vassell and Smith should have started.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
lack of knowledge, yes must be :p

why not give Defoe a chance? Smith isnt a bad player, but his attitude just totally sucks, and playing for England is representing your country, until he can control himself he isnt capable of doing that honourbly.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by PAz
lack of knowledge, yes must be :p

why not give Defoe a chance? Smith isnt a bad player, but his attitude just totally sucks, and playing for England is representing your country, until he can control himself he isnt capable of doing that honourbly.

And the fact the he was VERY unlucky and had had a good game wasn't enough to vindicate his selection? I think so.

Defoe is looking pretty good. Maybe he should be in alongside the form player - Smith. Owen needs a kick up the bum.

Back
Top Bottom