*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
Has anyone with Sky Q tried (or able to try) streaming etc over Ipv6 only and/or across subnets? I know the older Sky HD+ boxes had trouble with the latter so would be interested if the same still applies.

cheers

Caporegime
Hmm, means I'd need to find a way to get cables to the lounge in the long run anyway.

Probably worth spending the £350 on running cables rather than paying for "borrowed" hardware anyway :rolleyes::p

Caporegime
I suspsect once you expand further you might start hitting the capacity of your wifi. I imagine Sky will be ready to "lend" you a broadband Super Router when that time comes :p

I've had a change of heart, I just cant stomach the fee at the moment. Ill spend it on long drill bits and plasterboard repair supplies.

Man of Honour
OP
Firmware being updated for non Sky broadband users:

Q001.003.2​1.21L

•This release contains stability fixes relating to third party broadband routers.
•Note: A third party broadband provider is a broadband provider other than Sky.
•Firmware added to download stream: Monday 11th April 2016

Non Sky broadband installations starting this week so if anyone is getting theirs this week let us know how it went?

Soldato
Looking at Sky Q Silver with Sports & Movies as a new customer.

Would I be right in assuming, as a new top-end product, there are no deals for new customers yet and you have to pay sticker price?

If so then I'll likely hang on 'til later in the year for the offers to start appearing after they've got all the early adopters.

Associate
Just ordered Sky Q, They waived the £99 activation fee over the phone as i've been with them for over 10 years.

Won't be installed until 26th May :(

How did you get that waived, been with them over 10 years and also had sky protect which was supposed to cover installs

Apparently it doesn't cover sky Q

Associate
Sky Q install is this Thursday. I'm with BT and using my own Asus AC68 router, so will be interesting to see the performance of the mini box.

Soldato
Think I'm going to wait a bit.

I'm basically looking at getting the best of both worlds, i.e. Sky Q Silver with all Sports/Movies and retaining VM for broadband & phone line but the total cost is horrendous (circa £130 per month) so I'm going to wait and hope they start doing some decent new customer offers on Q later in the summer.

Just had Sky Q silver fitted, on Virgin media broadband. Everything went really well to setup, took them less than hour and that included fitting new dish etc. Our old boxes and dish were ancient so it's a welcome upgrade. New epg is so fast and fluid, the old HD box version used to drive me crazy with unresponsive commands and hitting back million times only to end up on home page instead of channel. Early days so far but happy with upgrade, only costing us extra couple of quid per month and obviously the installation fee. The guys fitting the units mentioned that the previous job took them over 3 hours and they still had to go back there, they thought it's something to do with booster boxes.

Back
Top Bottom