***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Full Disney minifigure sets now being sold for £65 on a facebook group, seller has them in hand, he knows someone in Denmark. I have used them before so I know they are legit. Think I will wait a while longer

Soldato
Fun build!

IMG_1146.JPG

Caporegime
Yesterday was a sad day :D To make room I asked my son to chose his sets he didn't use and we would break them up. He's kinda fell out of love with Star Wars so most of those got the chop. I also needed to break the anal cycle of letting him break kits playing with them and me putting them back as per instructions. I want him to play with the stuff as intended.

So about 70 kits bit the dust yesterday in a mock battle...

1z4y9ef.jpg

f2k2l3.jpg

Caporegime
To be honest I had to get it all out to clean the shelves and let him choose what he wanted to keep whole. The men he always returns to the boards and they are pushed under the storage cabinets. I just wanted one pic before they got broken, I did take some proper pictures that was just an iphone snap with the terrible 5s stock camera app.

A few of the bigger pieces are presents of mine not his, but tbh I only got them to build with him and he plays with them. The Tydirium shuttle was a present from my mrs for xmas and that is an impressive design. In fact it's such a well designed kit I wouldn't bother with the UCS. Whoever designed that did a fantastic job, perfect movement and moveable 'under carriage' to get the weight distributon correct for standing. The only set piece lego set to survive the cull was the death star final battle. The rest have been fairly un-used.

I have found I need a good soft brush and compressed air, the DS is getting dusty.

Last edited:
Associate
Yesterday was a sad day :D To make room I asked my son to chose his sets he didn't use and we would break them up. He's kinda fell out of love with Star Wars so most of those got the chop. I also needed to break the anal cycle of letting him break kits playing with them and me putting them back as per instructions. I want him to play with the stuff as intended.

So about 70 kits bit the dust yesterday in a mock battle...

1z4y9ef.jpg

f2k2l3.jpg

What are you going to do with it all, store it or sell it?

Caporegime
Nice haul. Your cat's not impressed tho.

It's not mine, just another local cat come to dump in my garden! One even managed to take a **** through my netting protecting my vegetable patch! :D

What are you going to do with it all, store it or sell it?

In the tubs broken up for him to build whatever he wants. Tbh getting sets like that has made me anal about keeping them built and it was rubbing off on him. I didn't want that, I want him to play with lego as I used to and how it should be with his imagination. If he want's to stick bits on what he has, so be it. If it's to be sold it's when he's an adult and decides what he want's to do with it.

The venator though is mine and it's going nowhere :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I took a look at that photo and thought, "Wow, he's got a lot of SW models" but then actually looked at it and realised that I have about 75% of them myself. That kind of crept up on me but does explain why my wife says that there is Lego everywhere in our house. :D

Caporegime
I took a look at that photo and thought, "Wow, he's got a lot of SW models" but then actually looked at it and realised that I have about 75% of them myself. That kind of crept up on me but does explain why my wife says that there is Lego everywhere in our house. :D

Yeah I know what you mean, the trouble has been the battle pack and £15-20 models that to be honest get bought for the figures. Shelves where full of useless models like the stormtrooper troop transport just to get 4 stormies. Or the countless speeder bikes. From now on I am just going to take out the 4 figures and tip the lego in a tub.

There's stuff in progress not in the photo like the helicarrier and 3 other marvel sets. Also an Awing that I missed on another shelf :D I think it's figures from now on. We have far too much between us.

Back
Top Bottom