Replacing Router

Associate
Hi Guys

I am thinking of replacing my router which was supplied about 10 years ago when Virgin Media was installed. Its an old netgear which has issues with wifi dropping out.

Two questions really, will a replacement router be plug and play and easy to install? and secondly can you recommend a decent replacement router for around £50?

Many thanks

Soldato
Virgin maintain their own kit and should replace anything that goes faulty. It does seem to depend what sort of mood they're in so you may need to be persistent.

If all else fails unplug the cable modem from the mains and report a fault. Go through their diagnostic script on the phone and lie to them when they ask if it's plugged in.

They'll assume that either the power supply or modem has failed and with any luck they'll send you a shiny new Superhub.

Associate
I've just been on to them to upgrade my Superhub 2 as wanted an AC compatible one. After being round the houses on webchat and initially being told they would only send me a new one if mine was faulty I eventually managed to get them to send me an SH3 for £9.99 activation fee.

Back
Top Bottom