BMW and M Power Owners

Caporegime
Sounds to me like he thinks he knows more than BMW's R&D department, DMF's on BMW's generally are not a known weak spot (like on a Mondeo diesel for example) leave him to it and just smile at him when he's ruined it completely.

If the car needed a lighter flywheel, it would have had one from the factory.

I have no objection to people fitting lighter flywheels to cars where it makes sense, like a Civic Type R which is used for track days, but a 520i used for commuting? :confused: :p

Its OK though because his other plans include:

de-chrome
angel eyes
coilovers
bigger wheels
M5 bumpers
window tints
LSD
Short shifter
Electric fan conversion (?)
Induction kit
Exhaust with de-cat and backbox removal :)eek:)
clutch delay valve

So with that in mind I give up and I'll let him get on with it... He bought the car for £570 :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Trying to deal with my BMW warranty renewals but apparently my 330i hasn't had a warranty since 2014 so there will be a one month grace period before any claims can be made if I renew today. I bought it AUC last April so it should have had a 12 month policy in place. I'm trying to sort it out now but of course Sytner dealer has shown no interest in returning my call.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29390112 said:
Sounds like somebody messed up. You might end up with a free year if you didn't actually get the original year :D

They called back and confirmed it is under active warranty but will try to work out what is going on. Only logical explanation I can think of is that the previous owner has forgotten to cancel their direct debits for monthly payments, but then if that's the case why would there be no record with the BMW-warranty insurer :confused:

Soldato
They called back and confirmed it is under active warranty but will try to work out what is going on. Only logical explanation I can think of is that the previous owner has forgotten to cancel their direct debits for monthly payments, but then if that's the case why would there be no record with the BMW-warranty insurer :confused:

I've just had a hiccup with BMW-Mini in my favour..

I bought the Mrs a Countryman to replace her beetle, and got one privately (2011 1.6 Cooper with Chillipack for £8200 with 39K miles). The owner had invoices for the 3 services (2 Main dealer, 1 Indy) and it was due it's next service so used that as a bargaining point..

I went online to check the service schedule, ended up on the mini service site, plugged in the reg/mileage and it came back with the 'Congrats you are still covered by TLC your next service is free"

As it turns out, the car had the 5 year TLC package on it, but the previous owner had the main dealer charge twice for services, and in the end had gone to an indy for the last service..

BMW have been fair, they've spotted their mistake, said they'd contact the previous owner to reimburse and will honor the TLC giving us a free Inspection I service which is fairly comprehensive, and I can extend for 3 more years with the TLC XL for £275.. result..

Soldato
Well, 3 different bluetooth recievers later and im getting fed up of this, had one straight up fail to work and two with horrific audio quality.

Seems these things just dont transmit via the aux with enough power so your forced to turn the car volume right the way up leading to massive buzzing.

Its not the car, plugging the phone direct has perfectly acceptable quality, ive tried different usb chargers in case they're the cause with no result.

Anybody reccommend a better quality solution for getting bluetooth music? These amazon jobbies are frankly sub par

Soldato
Having problems with my Galaxy S7 and the BMW Connected Audio player. Stupid thing sounds like it's cutting out rapidly and coming back in. In a cyclical frequency sort of way.

Any ideas? My google foo must be failing me, as I can't seem to find anything online about it.

Soldato
Well, 3 different bluetooth recievers later and im getting fed up of this, had one straight up fail to work and two with horrific audio quality.

Seems these things just dont transmit via the aux with enough power so your forced to turn the car volume right the way up leading to massive buzzing.

Its not the car, plugging the phone direct has perfectly acceptable quality, ive tried different usb chargers in case they're the cause with no result.

Anybody reccommend a better quality solution for getting bluetooth music? These amazon jobbies are frankly sub par

I, too, want to know this. I have a Blackberry Music Gateway and the amount of electrical noise it dumps out is astonishingly poor. I get loud buzzing from the brake lights, a high pitched whine from the engine, and the cruise control makes it beep loudly.

Soldato
I, too, want to know this. I have a Blackberry Music Gateway and the amount of electrical noise it dumps out is astonishingly poor. I get loud buzzing from the brake lights, a high pitched whine from the engine, and the cruise control makes it beep loudly.

funny in my searchings i found a sony option [which looks to be discontinued sadly] but i had to laugh as the product images it was fitted to an e90 in the exact same trim spec as mine.

atm i'm pondering the validity of going the aftermarket route, some horror stories about the milage and parking sensors functions dissappearing if you remove the stock radio though.

gonna run up to the local dealer, see what they say [although i imagine the reply will be buy a post 2011 model], if not gonna have to find a garage that could do this as its too much electrical integration for me to risk my usual ham fisted methods of diy car modification.

Back
Top Bottom