Dashcams!

Associate
This idiot Audi driver (BT64 HNY) that overtook 5 cars at least to get through looked a bit sheepish when he realised there was a police car behind me....... Not as he did anything.

Oh and the date is wrong because the battery in the camera is fubar.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That's a tiny camera :D Good reviews though.

The SJ4000 HD Action Camera get's a lot of praise but it's an old one from what I can tell, Is it still worth purchase or is there anything that would blow it away in the same price range?

Or am I expecting too much :p

Xiaomi Yi and soon Yi2 which is coming out that'll have all the things fixed that bothered a lot of people in the 1st gen. ;)

What dashcam would you people recommend up to £50-£60?

Associate
I've bought my first dam cam and hardwired it to the car. Its a g1w-c and cant fault it so far other than being quite bulky but that also acts a deterrent.

How safe are these to leave in the car? its been in a week so far and not been nicked but are they common for being stolen?

Soldato
Any recommended models that include auto-activate parked mode recording when something happens, that won't put too much drain on car battery? Looking at budget friendly to mid-range models only.

Transmission breaker
Don
Wow... That's very bad... driving was meh, but doing coke in the car and driving under the influence....

Wow. I would have kept that off the net and gone straight to AUDI and ask them what they intend to do about it. Just leave it in their court and see what they come up with!

Soldato
Hmm, might look into getting one of them then. Do most people tend to take their dash cam out every time they leave the car or is there little theft risk?

my car is right in front of my house but I usually take it off if it's left for more than a day/night really and put it in the glovebox to keep it out of view :)

Associate
Mine never comes out, no matter where I park it stays in. However it has a permanent mount not the sucker mount that many come with. All thieves are thick and if see a sucker mount or evidence of one they think sat nav. Not sure why they sell dash cams with sucker mounts and parking mode as the only thing it will film is it getting stolen.

Back
Top Bottom