BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Quick question on the 2012 X1. My sister in law is interested in buying and has test driven a few. She seems convinced that the M Sport steering is lighter than that of the SE. I am struggling to find any information on this. Does anyone know if this is the case?

Man of Honour
No, it is not the case.

Neither is it the case that a 2012 X1 is a good car - it's the weakest product in the BMW lineup by quite some margin.

Soldato
Same as others like Fire orange, Grigio, daytona etc. It has to be specially ordered.

Not sure how it works, never having owned a BMW, but he saw this car in the showroom and asked about an M5 in this colour and was told that it would have to be signed off by Germany and could take many months to get sign off and then months to build the car. Is that how it works?

Man of Honour
There are two levels of Individual colour.

There is a bunch of BMW individual colours available and advertised in the model brochure. These are slightly more expensive than standard metallics (Well, usually just over twice the pirce).

Then above that you can have any current BMW production colour from any model in the range including Individual. This is significantly more money - thousands of pounds - and requires a special order.

Man of Honour
I often think its a shame that with the enormous wealth of experience of owning many stunning BMWs all you ever seem to do in this thread Cosimo is embed YouTube videos.

You've owned some fab BMWs and probably have more experience with the brand than anyone else.

Join in more :p

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29393240 said:
I often think its a shame that with the enormous wealth of experience of owning many stunning BMWs all you ever seem to do in this thread Cosimo is embed YouTube videos.

You've owned some fab BMWs and probably have more experience with the brand than anyone else.

Join in more :p

Maybe he will when he gets his M2.

:D

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I like the M2 but if I was in the postion to get one it would be a tough choice between that and a Cayman S.

I don't doubt the Cayman S is the better drivers car however the M2 is far more practicable and roughly 10K less once (once you have added decent wheels, PDK, Nav etc)

I would also go as far as saying the M2 looks more special in person.

Back
Top Bottom