BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29392268 said:
No, it is not the case.

Neither is it the case that a 2012 X1 is a good car - it's the weakest product in the BMW lineup by quite some margin.

Thanks, thought as much. X1 base spec is pretty poor, she is also looking a the B Class and Q3, but to be honest I am not sure how all three compare.

Caporegime
Thanks, thought as much. X1 base spec is pretty poor, she is also looking a the B Class and Q3, but to be honest I am not sure how all three compare.

Why is she looking at those cars? That's what I'd be asking. Within their respective brands they're some of the most poor offerings available in terms of cost to benefit.

Soldato
Why is she looking at those cars? That's what I'd be asking. Within their respective brands they're some of the most poor offerings available in terms of cost to benefit.

There is no logical reason other than she wants a car that is "high up". It's not worth bursting the bubble so I won't go there. For the money they are all bad value.

Soldato
Having problems with my Galaxy S7 and the BMW Connected Audio player. Stupid thing sounds like it's cutting out rapidly and coming back in. In a cyclical frequency sort of way.

Any ideas? My google foo must be failing me, as I can't seem to find anything online about it.

Anyone?

Sam

Sam

Soldato
You think an M2 looks more "special" than a 981 Cayman? I think you might be the only one!

Have you seen an M2 in the flesh? really does look good. Im not a massive fan on the look of the cayman/s, GTS is better however i do LOVE the GT4.

The M2 is more likely to get a second look from me, you see bloody Porsches everywhere. :p

To be fair 2 series are ten a penny but the M2 will defiantly get some looks, BMW have done a great job...

Caporegime
There is no logical reason other than she wants a car that is "high up". It's not worth bursting the bubble so I won't go there. For the money they are all bad value.

Tell her to buy a Fiesta. It's higher up than a ferrari or an elise.
Or a transit.
Or some sort of lorry.
I hate the 'high up' argument. It's something I keep hearing from women though. My step mum used it to justify buying a juke. My mum to justify a qashqai.

Permabanned
Tell her to buy a Fiesta. It's higher up than a ferrari or an elise.
Or a transit.
Or some sort of lorry.
I hate the 'high up' argument. It's something I keep hearing from women though. My step mum used it to justify buying a juke. My mum to justify a qashqai.

Wife is the same, wanted some kind of SUV, I just argued for months on end until she gave up and we ordered what I wanted. :p

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29393240 said:
I often think its a shame that with the enormous wealth of experience of owning many stunning BMWs all you ever seem to do in this thread Cosimo is embed YouTube videos.

You've owned some fab BMWs and probably have more experience with the brand than anyone else.

Join in more :p

I expect he'll reply by posting a video..... :D

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato

To be fair I used to think the argument was BS until I drove a Discovery, there is something very enjoyable about being up high.

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Do BMW use LUK parts and just put their own stamp on them?

I need to replace my clutch so instead of taking up BMW on their £1200 clutch replacement offer, I can get the clutch and dmf both done for £650 using LUK parts. A quick Google suggests that BMW use LUK out of the factory but I was just wondering if anyone here had any insider knowledge or experience with the same :)

Man of Honour
Again I go back to my point that 'high up' is a fallacy. Buy a van or lorry if that's your requirement.

It's not a 'fallacy' at all. A van or a lorry is a pointless and stupid personal vehicle.

I've no interest in owning an SUV but I have driven a few - some for quite some distance as I've been given them as rental cars when my preferred saloon wasn't available, and there is something about the driving experience that is enjoyable. It isn't 'superiority complex' because there is no 'superiority' to be had driving a rented car in a country you don't live in and where you don't know anyone.

It's amusing to see you constantly attacking anyone whose choice of car type doesn't mirror your own. Not everyone wants to drive a BMW saloon. I do, you do, others do not.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29397048 said:
It's not a 'fallacy' at all. A van or a lorry is a pointless and stupid personal vehicle.

I've no interest in owning an SUV but I have driven a few - some for quite some distance as I've been given them as rental cars when my preferred saloon wasn't available, and there is something about the driving experience that is enjoyable. It isn't 'superiority complex' because there is no 'superiority' to be had driving a rented car in a country you don't live in and where you don't know anyone.

It's amusing to see you constantly attacking anyone whose choice of car type doesn't mirror your own. Not everyone wants to drive a BMW saloon. I do, you do, others do not.

Pot kettle for a start. Who exactly have i attacked? All I've stated is that the blokes Mrs is going for a crap choice of cars due to a daft requirement that in most people can be put down to a simple psychological need to try to be superior by physically looking down on others.

How exactly are vans stupid? They have multiple seats, great storage and can look pretty good!
I agree lorries as a personal vehicle generally are stupid but hey, if the requirement is driving position being 'high up' as it seems to be then they fit the bill perfectly. After all, that's the only requirement we've been given and is the apparent reason for her choice of an suv.

Back
Top Bottom