Red Dead sequel/prequel real!

Caporegime
Move over GTAV - here comes the real R* masterpiece

So a few days ago a Red Dead map was leaked for the new game and today Techradar has had confirmation its real so its happening! Seems to be pointing to prequel story...

Ive left the new map in spoilers unless people dont think its that - it looks like its to the east of the original map and contains two locations from RDRedemption

2zsr69l.jpg

aNuZxUn.jpg
ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nice, the first (or last) had a lot of good things about it but a lot of crap things too. The start and end of the game was excellent but the middle portion was very samey with largely forgettable characters. If they can work more on that and continue developing the stuff that make it not just 'gta in nature' then it could be really special. Would love to see a better hunting system.

Soldato
I remember reading an article about the voice actor of John Marsten in RDR. He'd done some acting before, then did RDR, then pretty-much quit the industry and moved back to the small town he grew up in and started a family. Interesting story.

Caporegime
OP
Super hyped for this, I wish I still had a copy of RDR to play on my PS3. :(
Did you have PS+ back then as it was free on it (ages ago)?
I remember reading an article about the voice actor of John Marsten in RDR. He'd done some acting before, then did RDR, then pretty-much quit the industry and moved back to the small town he grew up in and started a family. Interesting story.
Didnt he become a horse whisperer?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Interesting thing will be what platforms this is released on, I'm hoping XB1/PS4/PC rather than XB1 exclusive.

The last thing it would be is an XBone exclusive.. If I was going to guess I'd say PS4 and Xbone with maybe the PS4 getting some exclusive content with the PC version to follow 6 months later or something.

Soldato
This has huge potential!!!!

Love a Western, loved the original, love the fact it precedes the first too.....

The period could potentially have so many elements too! Civil war, native Americans, settlers, big business racing to build train tracks clear across the new nation, oil?? (Not sure of the time line of the discovery and importance of oil in the West compared to everything else I've mentioned?!). Outlaws and lawmen of course. Slave traders, all of the religious outcasts from around the world who travelled to the perceived freedom of America, prospectors, bully boy mining companies.....

Damn I'm excited. I need details!!!!

Pressure's on RS here, it'll be almost impossible for it to be as good as I'm imagining!

Last edited:
Associate
Now I wonder how crazy it would be if this game had an online multiplayer mode similar to GTA5... create your own posse and rob banks, western style lol. And then if there was a map editor for the PC version of this one too (like GTA5)... oh boy.

Soldato
i totally loved RDR

i bought it release day on a complete whim , completed it in a week and then traded it in for more than id paid for it because it was then selling out in shops in town !

i essentially got paid a quid or two to play one of the best games of the last generation :D

Back
Top Bottom