Channel 4 - What British Muslims Really Think

Caporegime
I was reading that post wondering when he'd say 'islamophobes' or 'islamophobia' and there it is, near the end... zoomee delivers as you'd expect :D

Soldato
So a poll taken by ICM (who couldn't even predict voting polls correctly) is to be taken as gospel? lol.

The presenter then takes huge leaps to come to some pretty damning 'assumptions' and wahaaaay - just like one of the original posters in this thread said - we have 2 pages of discussing the topic then back onto the religion again. :rolleyes:

Lets not even go into the fact Trevor Williams is a Daily Fail writer - do I need to say more? :)

In surprise news Muslims do it 5 times a day

I'd be very interested to see the results if the christian or Jewish faiths were polled with something similar- but hey we can't have that - that would be demonising a minority. Tis only the muslamics - doesn't matter. ;)

Interesting points all covered here for those of you genuinely interested in a debate: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/12/what-do-muslims-think-skewed-poll-wont-tell-us

I find this all quite hilarious tbh and surprise surprise the usual islamaphobes are at it again accompanied by their favourite 'joking' mod.

Whatev's. As you were peeps.

If that is the case then why do they not condemn the atrocities of there so called fellow believers? :rolleyes:

Muslims are shady characters to say the least.

Last edited:
Associate
So a poll taken by ICM (who couldn't even predict voting polls correctly) is to be taken as gospel? lol.

The presenter then takes huge leaps to come to some pretty damning 'assumptions' and wahaaaay - just like one of the original posters in this thread said - we have 2 pages of discussing the topic then back onto the religion again. :rolleyes:

Lets not even go into the fact Trevor Williams is a Daily Fail writer - do I need to say more? :)

In surprise news Muslims do it 5 times a day

I'd be very interested to see the results if the christian or Jewish faiths were polled with something similar- but hey we can't have that - that would be demonising a minority. Tis only the muslamics - doesn't matter. ;)

Interesting points all covered here for those of you genuinely interested in a debate: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/12/what-do-muslims-think-skewed-poll-wont-tell-us

I find this all quite hilarious tbh and surprise surprise the usual islamaphobes are at it again accompanied by their favourite 'joking' mod.

Whatev's. As you were peeps.

It has nothing to do with Islamophobia (which...I still refuse to believe the OED accepted as a word, along with the other "words" we've started attaching phobia to), and everything to do with being tired of it. I'm old enough to have lived through Northern Ireland (as I suspect many here have) - and the only difference between then and now, is that Islam has a bunch of white guilt, progressive, spineless social justice warriors bandying about the word "islamophobia" and playing the racism cards.

It's simple; I'm all for them living their lives. I'm all for them obeying sharia law, treating their women like objects, indulging their backworlds, old world ideals and generally doing whatever the hell they please - as long as it's over in that cesspit we call the middle east, and nowhere near my streets where their attitude towards the western world is so unacceptable that they view our young girls like cattle to be raped, sold and generally abused, and demand that we change our principles and beliefs to accommodate them.

I find that offensive. There's no world where I would invite myself into someone's house and make myself at home to the point of demanding they make changes, and as a nation we have become far too accommodating. We as a nation should start standing up for our beliefs and principles, and simply suggest to anyone that if they don't like the way it is in the UK, to simply leave. That goes for anyone. Gay, Straight, Jew, Gentile, Muslim or six toed mutant with webbed feet.

Last edited:
Soldato
10 years now these forums have argued something Muslim related on an almost daily basis, mostly the same tripe and some website of a popular character as reference to indisputable fact about a Muslim.

I wonder how many of you actually interact with someone of that faith group, I am sure there are many "my mates Asian" "my muslim mate drinks" and so on but we're not on about race or a confused believer, unbelievable how so many still can't tell the difference.

I never bothered watching this, though I may watch a re-run.

Caporegime
I am sure there are many "my mates Asian" "my muslim mate drinks" and so on but we're not on about race or a confused believer, unbelievable how so many still can't tell the difference.

So are you saying some muslims are not really proper muslims if they've done things you don't approve of like drinking? There are others who follow that line of thinking too...

(Also I'm not sure anyone has made a statement about a muslim mate drinking in this thread - it tends to help avoid strawman type arguments if you directly quote whatever you're referring to, then you're not attacking things that haven't actually be said)

Associate
10 years now these forums have argued something Muslim related on an almost daily basis, mostly the same tripe and some website of a popular character as reference to indisputable fact about a Muslim.

I wonder how many of you actually interact with someone of that faith group, I am sure there are many "my mates Asian" "my muslim mate drinks" and so on but we're not on about race or a confused believer, unbelievable how so many still can't tell the difference.

Boohoo, Boohoo. If they were really interested in integrating, you wouldn't be able to play a thoroughly difficult game of spot the white man in places like Bradford or Birmingham. Hell. If they were really interested in integrating, they wouldn't be forcing white girls into sexual slavery for their own, twisted view of women, now would they? ;) I'm all for giving someone a fair crack of the whip, but when their mindset is the problem, there's not really much you can do about it really is there?

Last edited:
Soldato
Boohoo, Boohoo. If they were really interested in integrating, you wouldn't be able to play a thoroughly difficult game of spot the white man in places like Bradford or Birmingham. Hell. If they were really interested in integrating, they wouldn't be forcing white girls into sexual slavery for their own, twisted view of women, now would they? ;) I'm all for giving someone a fair crack of the whip, but when their mindset is the problem, there's not really much you can do about it really is there?

I highlighted your mistake for you, labelling any group as a whole based on the actions of a tiny minority is wrong and only breeds hatred and mistrust while making you look narrow minded and stupid. This sort of attitude also makes it much harder to do anything about this minority as you are isolating an entire community not just the nut jobs :)

Soldato
I highlighted your mistake for you, labelling any group as a whole based on the actions of a tiny minority is wrong and only breeds hatred and mistrust while making you look narrow minded and stupid. This sort of attitude also makes it much harder to do anything about this minority as you are isolating an entire community not just the nut jobs :)

True... But then when is a "mintory" considered big enough to show a worrying trait/problem?

For example, the sexual assualts at Cologne, is described as having been carried out by a "tiny minority," but in truth it surely shows a worrying trait.

eg: A friend of mine was over in German recently, and noticed a couple of local swimming pools have actually had to take active "counter measures" due to "sexually aggressive" activities from "minorities"...

At what point is continually excusing such behaviour/views counter productive, and even worse, dangerous?

Soldato
True... But then when is a "mintory" considered big enough to show a worrying trait/problem?

For example, the sexual assualts at Cologne, is described as having been carried out by a "tiny minority," but in truth it surely shows a worrying trait.

eg: A friend of mine was over in German recently, and noticed a couple of local swimming pools have actually had to take active "counter measures" due to "sexually aggressive" activities from "minorities"...

At what point is continually excusing such behaviour/views counter productive, and even worse, dangerous?

Again you are blaming the religion\community not the individuals all the acts you talk about are extreme and in reality incredibly rare. Some Catholic priests like little boys should we ban them? Some squaddies like to get drunk and go out fighting should we ban them?

If these were the views and actions of anything close to a majority of the community I would say we needed to be concerned but the numbers involved are tiny so we would be better of embracing the larger community and working together to root out the problem rather than demonising everyone.

Soldato
OP

I have had plenty of interaction, nearly every local shop where I live is run by Muslims, Pakistanis for example, I rarely hear a hello or goodbye, a thank you etc, no manners or respect, even when they hand back change when being served they drop the money into your hand so to avoid touching a western whitey.

I shrug shoulders and leave, their problem not mine but.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

How is lack of integration only a tiny minority, I think your mistaken, we have whole areas that are Muslim only mainly, I really think it is the other way round, the tiny minority are the Muslims who have integrated, not the ones who don't integrate as they should be doing.

I havenot looked for stats but from what I have seen large swathes of Muslims don't integrate at all, so the "it's only a tiny minority" replies in here and in the media are wrong.

Last edited:
Associate

exactly. The problem is the white Brits are not educated in Islamic ideologies and cultures. they keep on thinking/assuming Islam is one ideology and there is a single culture tradition.

Don't miss the point, Wahhabi/Selefi ideology hijacked the Sunni ideology (largest group of Muslims), they are educating the poor and ignorant Sunnies with help from Al-Saudi house Money/ and free books offered in over 27 languages to brainwash them on this twisted barbaric belief of theirs.

Other reason the Brits are missing is culture traditions, Pakistan, Afghan, Indonesians, many other north/African countries keep their culture tradition above their (own believe system) this is due to ignorance / lack of knowledge of the laws in Quran and the prophets hadith (speeches).. that brings me back to the previous point where Wahabi succeeded in replacing their barbaric views (false laws of Quran and hadith) over the original laws/hadith of the prophets...

**ELI5, a small bad group of evil people who are also rich and powerful spreading their own version of Islam to other larger groups of Muslims. young generations are accepting this Barbaric views because they are poor and ignorant, the bad people offer them money and good lifestyle, in return they carryout bad things that benefit the bad people.

Back
Top Bottom