New ford focus RS

Man of Honour
My colleague has booked a test drive in one, 3 week wait to test drive a Ford! :p

He's prepared to pay cash, but it's still a 1 year waiting list.

Associate
The demo's have only arrived in the last 2 weeks and not all Ford stores appear to have them yet.

Contact your local Ford store (normal dealers don't deal with RS) and you might be lucky to find they have theirs.

OcUK Staff
Spotted one on my way home in blue, looked good on the road but was surprised to see one so early.

Annoying really as I am still yet to see a Mustang on the road. :(

OcUK Staff
My Fiesta ST is at my local Ford dealer having the MP215 upgrade fitted today, whilst there I noticed that they have their first RS waiting to be picked up later today. Looks even better than I thought from seeing pictures of it although my suggestion that I borrow it for the day wasn't successful (I'm sure the owner wouldn't mind me "testing" it for them ;) ).

I am keen to see if Ford have addressed the engine in the RS due to the weaknesses it had and still has in the Mustang with them popping even in stock power.

I feel the outgoing RS 5 cylinder engine is superior, I can see the new car not being as tunable whilst remaining reliable. I do hope the issues still present in the Ecoboost Mustang has being dialled out, but my gut feelings are that the 2.3l engine will see some failures even in stock trim, hope I am wrong.

But as the engine is not proven yet and has had issues I'd not be willing to void my powertrain warranty on one.

Soldato
Funnily enough this got posted on FiestaSTOC today Gibbo from a dealership...

post-31741-0-24910800-1461261733.jpg

OcUK Staff
That sounds to me more like a materials issue, like a bad batch with cheesy cylinder walls, hopefully just a batch and not all cars.

But though percentage wise it is small but numbers wise quite a few have popped in the US both stock and tuned. Biggest issue seems the torque as they are blowing normally at motorway speeds when people floor it in a high gear to overtake using the torque.

Back
Top Bottom