Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Associate
Anyone want some games? Only played 1 new person here so far.
I'm definitely getting worse since I'm not doing ranked any more.

Edit: Also getting worse since i'm only playing vian and yupyup :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I think I need to start playing other characters outside of Ryu. I'm getting caught with lots of stuff that's probably gimmicky once I understand it.

Ryu is a pretty strong all rounder though , he has the buttons to cope with any situation really you just have to know them, that's from what ive read anyway :)

Add me on psn if you want art my PSN is dog_in_the_fog I'll happily have you some games if I'm on me and my mate normally do 1/3 battle lounge so will invite you if your on :) ... What's your cfn name ? I'm not very good though haha also gonna attempt to play Nash now as I don't feel I'm getting better at street fighter playing mika

Associate
We'll have to have a few games again Art. Still scamming people with your Birdie?
When the April update drops we have to setup a tournament.

Yea, still using Birdie.. he's rather limited though, so i might start looking at someone else, maybe Necalli or Mika.

Add me on psn if you want art my PSN is dog_in_the_fog I'll happily have you some games if I'm on me and my mate normally do 1/3 battle lounge so will invite you if your on :) ... What's your cfn name ? I'm not very good though haha also gonna attempt to play Nash now as I don't feel I'm getting better at street fighter playing mika

Added you on PSN, my SFID is the same, Artheas2d.
Hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I could switch to a character I'm learning if there's a skill gap

nok

nok

Associate
I think I need to start playing other characters outside of Ryu. I'm getting caught with lots of stuff that's probably gimmicky once I understand it.

I know what you mean, I have stuck to Ryu also but should really give someone else a try. My fighter id is Chowster add me if you want to play a few rounds. Perhaps we can both venture outside of playing Ryu together lol.

Artheas I have sent you an FR from my PSN account, I hope you dont mind. Would love to get some more games in with you at some point.

Soldato
Yea, still using Birdie.. he's rather limited though, so i might start looking at someone else, maybe Necalli or Mika.

I've done the same. Cammy got boring very quickly. Necalli is a little one dimensional, in out, in out, c.mp stomp, CA.

If you want top press buttons have a look at Ken or Bison. buttons all day long.

Soldato

Added you on PSN, my SFID is the same, Artheas2d.
Hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I could switch to a character I'm learning if there's a skill gap

Cheers , we aren't that good but we prefer playing better people as it will only make us better , always looking for silver/gold players on battle lounge, not played rank in ages ..we might take the odd round off you depending how good you are haha :D ... Be nice to get some pointers on what we're doing wrong also ..

Associate
i am considering to run a ocuk sf5 tournament. how many is interested and what format.

btw, robbie, yupyupno wants to the online id of you and the northampton guys as he wants to play them but refuse to come to mk (even i offered to take him to the place from the station)

and hopfully we will get some games in saturday

Associate
Cheers , we aren't that good but we prefer playing better people as it will only make us better , always looking for silver/gold players on battle lounge, not played rank in ages ..we might take the odd round off you depending how good you are haha :D ... Be nice to get some pointers on what we're doing wrong also ..

Sorry I didnt respond at first, I can't send PSN msgs via a webpage so i dont bother :p

Quick pointers:
Nash's booms are slow startup, quick recovery, so if i'm mid screen or further after you've thrown it, you can dash up anti air, or anti with bazooka knee or the spinning backfist (i think).
When you're up close after a jumpin or after you've knocked me down, after a cr.MP/HP, add in some throws - you're at frame advantage after those are blocked. If you see them hit or counter hit, you've got plenty of time to combo into st.MP, into a special move.
Also, look to anti-air a bit more in general with cr.MP.

It's good that you guys don't jump a lot, which a lot of low level players do.
Do you know you can control where Nash's VTrigger goes?

Soldato
Sorry I didnt respond at first, I can't send PSN msgs via a webpage so i dont bother :p

Quick pointers:
Nash's booms are slow startup, quick recovery, so if i'm mid screen or further after you've thrown it, you can dash up anti air, or anti with bazooka knee or the spinning backfist (i think).
When you're up close after a jumpin or after you've knocked me down, after a cr.MP/HP, add in some throws - you're at frame advantage after those are blocked. If you see them hit or counter hit, you've got plenty of time to combo into st.MP, into a special move.
Also, look to anti-air a bit more in general with cr.MP.

It's good that you guys don't jump a lot, which a lot of low level players do.
Do you know you can control where Nash's VTrigger goes?

Cheers for the games ! And thanks for the tips, that was my first time playing Nash don't think I did too bad still learning his moves , yeah I know you can by pressing different directions I haven't tried that yet still trying to learn his other moves need to practice some combos aswell..

Been watching a lot of videos and reading up it recommends not to jump, only recently started blocking over heads, hopefully get better at anti airs :)

Hopefully improve for next games , if I see your on anytime I'm on I'll drop an invite into our battle lounge :)

Anyone else feel free to add me on psn dog_in_the_fog just let me know your cfn name

Soldato
i am considering to run a ocuk sf5 tournament. how many is interested and what format.

btw, robbie, yupyupno wants to the online id of you and the northampton guys as he wants to play them but refuse to come to mk (even i offered to take him to the place from the station)

and hopfully we will get some games in saturday

Did you mention that you have a 5guys? Tends to work! :D

I've started using my PS4 now.

Fighter ID: OneMoreThing

& yupyupno - get yo ass to MK, its a good day out. I'll ask the Nhants folks if they mind me posting their IDs.

Soldato
Decided to play ranked matches again tonight. Started at around 1500lp and lost around 500lp at one point due to lag, tiredness and almost always being matched with players with 3000lp or more. Started to get a little salty when i was match with a 7000+lp guy. Smile soon appeared when I won though :d

Also Guile is out at 7pm on the 28th PST. So thats 3am on Friday over here I think.

Associate
Is there any where I can buy a stick enclosure from in UK / EU?

I keep looking for something like this - http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products - I'd buy one of those but the shipping is as much as the plexi itself :mad:

Specifically I'm after something to house my hitbox style controller, currently a 'case' made out of a £2 box from Hobbycraft :D To it's credit, it's worked surprisingly well.

Soldato
Is there any where I can buy a stick enclosure from in UK / EU?

I keep looking for something like this - http://tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products - I'd buy one of those but the shipping is as much as the plexi itself :mad:

Specifically I'm after something to house my hitbox style controller, currently a 'case' made out of a £2 box from Hobbycraft :D To it's credit, it's worked surprisingly well.

You could have a go at building an enclosure out of would. I built myself a stick when SFIV came out. It's still going strong to this day.

If you search Chilli's Arcade on a big auction site you will find a wooden enclosure. Don't think I can link directly due to ocuk rules.

Associate
You could have a go at building an enclosure out of would. I built myself a stick when SFIV came out. It's still going strong to this day.

If you search Chilli's Arcade on a big auction site you will find a wooden enclosure. Don't think I can link directly due to ocuk rules.

I've spoken to Chilli on facebook and his current wooden enclosures wont work with my snap in Sanwa buttons :(

He did say I was one of a few people to ask about a smaller case to use with snapins and I'd given him another reason to work on a new plexi design.

He also said to get back in touch with him in a couple of weeks to check up on that, which I will do.

Other than that I've been knocking up a design to send off to RazorLab.co.uk to get 3mm wood laser cut.

This is what I'm currently using, £2 case. (short build album http://imgur.com/a/9QLZc )

VNPZ3kf.jpg

Last weekend I pushed the boat out and made a really expensive £4 case to try out an actual stick. I think I still prefer hitbox layout though :D

FRfircSl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom