**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
I went railroad as I thought it may be a bit more difficult. I didnt know you could go Minutemen, don't remember seeing any option.

I going to replay Fallout 3 with some mods as i have forgotten a lot of it then Ill come back to replay Fallout 4.

Same here, currently replaying FO3 with mods and quite enjoying it actually.

Man of Honour
My heart says go with the Railroad, I feel the game wants me to go with the Institute, Brotherhood of Steel might be more spectacular and I suspect the safest is Minutemen.
Who I do I choose first time around - I know I can replay but 1st time is more exciting.
Andi.

I find the main quest an irritating interruption to playing. I've gone with the Minutemen (with the Shut up Preston mod because of his endless silly quests and the no settlement attacks mod because I was tired of 20 heavily armed settlers in a fortress with dozens of turrets being unable to deal with an attack by half a dozen raider with pipe guns) because I want as stable a society as possible afterwards so I don't want to join a faction that wants to be the only power.

I want to just use the console to complete the nuclear option quest because I think it's a bad option. None of the factions are evil and/or insane, so we should be able to at least try to negotiate a peace. But no, that's not allowed.

The problem I have is that I can't find a way to use the console to complete the quest and complete the optional objective in it (which would help a stable society after it). I can use the console to complete the quest without doing the optional objective, but if I use setstage and player.moveto to get to the right stage of the quest and the right location, I don't get the necessary option to complete the optional objective. Does anyone have any ideas?

Soldato
I've played Railroad and Institute. I found the final battle when on the Institute side much better fun and more satisfactorily challenging, and I actually had a reason to use an artillery flare.

+1 - Much tougher than the other faction endings, I struggled at L50 with OP weapon skills, largely due to the sheer numbers attacking and from all sides. However the eventual victory was very rewarding.

My current play-through, I'm going for the ending where you can destroy all three of the factions just leaving the MM, which is possible if you sequence things correctly.

Associate
While working, I happened to see this update:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=377160

Fallout 4
FULL STORIES HEADLINES
3:36pmFallout 4's 1.5 Update - Now in Steam Beta
Community Announcements - gstaffBethesda
Starting today, you can try out Fallout 4's Beta Update on Steam.

Along with support for our upcoming add-on, Far Harbor, and additional gameplay optimizations, the 1.5 Update – now available as a Beta on Steam -- features the revamped Survival Mode which incorporates a number of changes based on beta feedback. Thanks again to all those who participated! In the coming weeks, 1.5 – complete with Survival Mode – will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Also in development, Creation Kit and Bethesda.net Mods are still in closed beta. We hope to add Support for Mods to the 1.5 Steam Beta soon with console support for Mods coming in updates that follow. Stay tuned to Bethesda.net and the forums for when those updates will go live.

Please note that we strongly advise players running third party mod managers to back up saves and disable/uninstall them before opting into the Beta, until they have been updated to support the new changes from the 1.5 Update.

Man of Honour
I've just finished the main questline, so I decided it was time to install the DLC (I bought the season pass). I had already patched to 1.4.

The only apparent issue was that the full dialogue mod doesn't work with the DLC - when talking to Ada I was getting the console-crippled dialogue in the full dialogue format. Irritating, but only a minor issue.

When I returned to Sanctuary to dump junk and build a robot workbench after the 2nd part of the Automatron quest, I noticed another, much more serious, problem.

My carrying capacity has been reduced by 20%, from 500 to 400.

I then noticed another serious problem.

My damage output has also been reduced by 20%, from 258 to 207 (with Overseer's Guardian, which is the only weapon I use).

Does anyone have any ideas about what has happened and what I can do about it?

My stats haven't changed. My perks haven't changed. None of the mods I'm using affect damage or carrying capacity (so it can't be caused by any of them not working with the DLC). My difficulty level hasn't changed. The only change is installing the DLC.

Soldato
Ooh didn't know this was possible, might have to fire it up again.

At work ATM so can't check the exact sequence, but essentially you have to side with The Institute at Mass Fusion to alienate the BoS, take the Institute mission to eradicate the Railroad, then when you get back to the Institute, execute your least loved character (usually Shaun) to alienate them. That then puts you in the MM endgame but in addition you've killed off naggy Desdemona and Tinker Tom, which can't be bad!

Associate
I've just finished the main questline, so I decided it was time to install the DLC (I bought the season pass). I had already patched to 1.4.

The only apparent issue was that the full dialogue mod doesn't work with the DLC - when talking to Ada I was getting the console-crippled dialogue in the full dialogue format. Irritating, but only a minor issue.

When I returned to Sanctuary to dump junk and build a robot workbench after the 2nd part of the Automatron quest, I noticed another, much more serious, problem.

My carrying capacity has been reduced by 20%, from 500 to 400.

I then noticed another serious problem.

My damage output has also been reduced by 20%, from 258 to 207 (with Overseer's Guardian, which is the only weapon I use).

Does anyone have any ideas about what has happened and what I can do about it?

My stats haven't changed. My perks haven't changed. None of the mods I'm using affect damage or carrying capacity (so it can't be caused by any of them not working with the DLC). My difficulty level hasn't changed. The only change is installing the DLC.

Don't have a companion with you thats blocking the lone wonderer perk, do you?

Associate
Finally, now I can start a proper second play through. The sadist in me really enjoys Survival mode.

Same here, I've been waiting for survival to come out of beta before starting my second play through.

As with FO3/NV, my second run will be where I pull out my survival guide book, explore every single location and get to a point where there's literally nothing left to do :)

Soldato
Seems like everyone been lucky and not had any troubles with the 1.5 update here ?

It's working for me now but did have a couple CTD's at first, and incase others have but not said anything, download the DEF_HUD_15147patch from Neanka and Valdacii, even if you not using DEF_UI it has been reported to help with the CTD's. Something with the survival mod seems to have bugged out the UI and crashing the game if using mods. *shruggs* If I understand Nexus forum right that is. :confused:

Also, seems like the plugins gets disabled each time you install or uninstall a mod and loads of different suggestions as to how to sort it. I done the following and it working fine for me for now.

What I did was to make the plugins.txt file in AppData/Local/Fallout4 to readable, each time (only 2 so far) I installed a new mod I check the plugins tab, they all showing they are ticked but opening the plugins.txt file they are not showing the * infront of each ticked mod. All I have to do is untick the mod I just installed, then retick it and all the mods are ticked back as it should be for me in the plugins.txt file.

I also updated to the latest NMM, v0.61.20 and F4SE 0_01_13. Have played a couple hours and so far all good.

Anyway, just thought I post this incase some having problem with the game after the new update. :o

Associate
i went with the Institute i am a bit evil and like to kill everyone finnished the main story line so now just going round killing anything i can (dam you cant kill children)

Soldato
Anyone suddenly having issues with sudden CTD after installing the latest batch of Windows 10 updates (the ones that take about an hour to process and puts Cortana etc back on line)?

My FO4 has been rock steady until this afternoon when I got tired of the update messages lurking in the Start Menu. Now I open the game, walk for a few yards and - bang, back to desktop. I've just updated my Geforce drivers in case M$ decided to overwrite them, will see what happens next.

Edit: Running GeForce Experience and updating the drivers fixed it. Cheers, Microsoft...

Further Edit: Nah, seems the issue still present. Doing some housekeeping round my settlements, hit Enter to assign a settler to a sentry post and immediate CTD. Looks like Bethesda borked something in the last update.

Last edited:
Associate
I've started a new game on survival mode and finding it good so far. I've found that the armour does not really protect you that much unless you are in power armour. Typically two shots and i'm dead but the enemy seems easier to kill also.

The throwables like molotov and grenades are also now deadly. One molotov and i'm dead. Anyone else getting the same ?

Back
Top Bottom