*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Soldato
Just discovered USB OTG on my Z5 is not working since updating to Marshmallow. Rarely use it but I'm sure it was working before update.

Anyone else got the same issue?

The USB OTG flash disk is working on tablet & other phone fine :confused:
Ignore. Fixed problem thorough Device Connection menu in Settings :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
Picked up my Z5 Dual today in green, love it!

Question...I'm tempted to see about flashing it to 'stock' android to wipe as much of the Sony rubbish off as possible. Has anyone done this? thoughts?

EDIT: Scrap that. Rather than messing around with custom roms etc...I just need a good uninstaller to remove the Sony apps and also stop them from being reinstalled, recommendations?

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up my Z5 Dual today in green, love it!

Question...I'm tempted to see about flashing it to 'stock' android to wipe as much of the Sony rubbish off as possible. Has anyone done this? thoughts?

EDIT: Scrap that. Rather than messing around with custom roms etc...I just need a good uninstaller to remove the Sony apps and also stop them from being reinstalled, recommendations?

Not sure if you can automate uninstalling them, i've resorted to going into Settings/Apps and for example File Commander, which I didn't ask for. Untick show notifications then disable it.

Caporegime
Thinking of going for this phone as I'm getting tired of waiting for fora phone with stereo speakers and a 1080 screen

Ages the speakers OK on this?

Soldato
Bah, headphone jack has given up. Done all the software things, put soundabout on. If I hold the jack in the right place it works, so looks like hardware, not just software.

Bit annoying, Bought it a few months old second hand and not had it myself for a year yet. Guess gaming and the phone getting hot has finally killed it?

Mobster
Soldato
Bah, headphone jack has given up. Done all the software things, put soundabout on. If I hold the jack in the right place it works, so looks like hardware, not just software.

Bit annoying, Bought it a few months old second hand and not had it myself for a year yet. Guess gaming and the phone getting hot has finally killed it?

It's a feature. You're now up to the level of iPhone and U11 users.

Associate
My Z5 is giving me some grief at the moment... it will make outgoing calls and texts but wont allow incoming 2 sim swaps later and now back to square one nothing incoming

Soldato
Nope, sent mine off to get the camera fixed and they wouldn't do it cause the screen was slightly deformed. Charged me £90 to get that fixed, in order for them to do the camera. I was pretty ****** but they replaced nearly everything in the phone (battery, case, camera, screen, mobo etc) so I can't be too annoyed.

Soldato
Phones back, just says problem resolved. But it works so i guess that's good.

Annoying thing is it's locked back to O2 and I'm with plusnet, so it doesn't work as a phone, grrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom