**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Associate
I've noticed the Always On Display leaving a burn in the screen for a few minutes, anyone had this? Going to turn it off now.

I've not seen this myself, but I've only been using it for a few days.. I must say thought, that the new version that moves just a few pixels every minute is much better than the random movements it had before - when you ended up glancing at the phone every time it moved expecting a notification or something.

Soldato
Mines not had an update since the one a few weeks back. I'm normally a week or two behind when people start posting they have had an update. Might be a sim free thing?

I haven't had an update for a few weeks either, using a SIM free Edge. The last update I had was the one that included the display scaling, just checked again and it tells me no update available.

Associate
Great, the woman in the Three store lied them. To my face.

Urgh, really don't want to be carrying around 2 phones. Oh well :(

A quick way to check before either paying for it, or taking the phone out of the box in the shop next time is that any dual-sim phone will have 2 different IMEI numbers on the barcode sticker of its box.

Soldato
People are too paranoid. That was 5 years ago. Who cares if they share what sites I use, what difference does it make?

Because it totally violates the concept of incognito mode?

They've been suspected of sending data to a IP in China before.

If you care so little for your privacy I suggest you continue to use it, but leave others with a modicum of common sense to use something with actual security.

Soldato
Has anyone tried using the Sky Go Extra app on there S7 or S7 edge Yet ?

Am thinking of installing it but I seen a few reviews like these ones below :(
Been working fine on all previous android models but since upgrading to s7 and software 6.0 theres been constant problems.
First it wont stream the content and after umpteen attempts once u have picture the sound disappears
Samsung s7

Stopped working Since updating my Nexus 9 to android 6.0.1, I can't play anything, app keeps telling me to restart app or media streaming failed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom