** PHANTEKS EVOLV ATX GLASS - MAKING A GREAT CASE EVEN BETTER **

Soldato
http://www.kitguru.net/components/c...teks-evolv-atx-tempered-glass-edition-review/

Must Have award from Kitguru. Great weekend of preorders too guys! If you're on the fence, I wouldn't leave it much longer.

Dimitri over on Hardware Canuks transferred his workstation rig from his standard Evolv ATX into the glass and really likes it too. Interestingly he felt the glass version was a little louder than the standard (he uses 140mm Bequiets). And Kitguru said it wasn't the quietest case either. I would assume those Phantek PH-F140SP fans are well behaved though, especially using the PWM hub. However at least 4 people over in the Evolv ATX owners thread are complaining about them being noisy, and also the poor airflow of the case in general due to the slits. Must read more reviews.

Last edited:
Associate
What fans are you rocking Chug?

I guess you have either 3x120mm or 2x140mm on the front?

I'm looking to use push/pull 2200rpm vardars with the Predator on the front. Will probably retain my 140mm Noctuas (might have to respray then) on the top in exhaust and a BitFenix pro on the back in exhaust.

Soldato
Would the swiftech h240 x2 prestige be a good option. Assume it would fit in front only.

Really want this case and this might be the reason I need to do my first custom water rig. Have always stuck with air and the occasional aio but was never happy with the noise, especially from the pump.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd get the phanteks PH-140SP fans. The Corsair ones (AF quiet and performance) are loud and even when quietened down with a controller have a terrible sound profile.

Soldato
Dimitri over on Hardware Canuks transferred his workstation rig from his standard Evolv ATX into the glass and really likes it too. Interestingly he felt the glass version was a little louder than the standard (he uses 140mm Bequiets). And Kitguru said it wasn't the quietest case either. I would assume those Phantek PH-F140SP fans are well behaved though, especially using the PWM hub. However at least 4 people over in the Evolv ATX owners thread are complaining about them being noisy, and also the poor airflow of the case in general due to the slits. Must read more reviews.

Just ordered a new 6700k/board/ram and was going to get myself the ATX but it was reading some of those comments that made me hold off. If this revision had some more breathing space I'd have bitten.

Associate
Just ordered a new 6700k/board/ram and was going to get myself the ATX but it was reading some of those comments that made me hold off. If this revision had some more breathing space I'd have bitten.

Just out of interest what other cases are you thinking of getting? The original Phanteks Evolv ATX? I am also looking to get a new case myself.

Soldato
Just out of interest what other cases are you thinking of getting? The original Phanteks Evolv ATX? I am also looking to get a new case myself.

I love the ATX look, but since I want a bit more ventilation I was looking at the Phanteks Pro M which has more vents at the front and top, as well as an optional 5.25" bay that can be removed.

Then I saw the other thread on here asking about the Fractal S and the Evolv ATX and while looking and reading about the Fractal S, my mind was made up!

A Fractal S will be with me on Tuesday. Also only £78 with a window which is nicer on my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom