**** Sony Xperia Z3 ****

Associate
Doesn't need to be rooted, it's the Sony release of M but from another release. It does remove any network branding

Thx for the reply.

Would anyone please be able to explain how I do this flash? For example, do I download a file to my PC then connect to the phone by some method? Or, is it a download direct to the phone? I have never flashed an O/S to a phone before so am not sure what is required.

Also, do I get the download from a Sony site?

Thx
Bintos

Associate
I think flashtool is the program to use. It's easy, I used it to debrand but you need the correct file to flash.

Also where is this Marshmallow update, what was the point of the beta if it's not even going to be released.

Associate
Headphone jack on mine has died. I mostly listen to music so this was a deal breaker. Luckily my lass has still got her (my old) M8, so I've had to swap for that.

I was going to get a new phone but I honestly couldn't see the point, today's crop aren't much better, and its certainly not worth shelling out £200+ to have more or less the same experience as on a flagship 2014 model. If I'd taken the plunge it would have been Nexus 6P, but the relatively poor headphone output put me off.

On the flipside, she doesn't use the headphones out and she loves the Sony after the M8... silver lining I suppose!

Headphone jack on mine has died. I mostly listen to music so this was a deal breaker. Luckily my lass has still got her (my old) M8, so I've had to swap for that.

I was going to get a new phone but I honestly couldn't see the point, today's crop aren't much better, and its certainly not worth shelling out £200+ to have more or less the same experience as on a flagship 2014 model. If I'd taken the plunge it would have been Nexus 6P, but the relatively poor headphone output put me off.

On the flipside, she doesn't use the headphones out and she loves the Sony after the M8... silver lining I suppose!

How old is your phone then as don't forget the Z3 has two years manufacture warranty.

Or just grab a Smart Ultra 6, my GF has one and it's more reliable than my Z3.

Soldato
Yes, the Concept version is what they appear to be using to trial new features/ideas rather than integrating them right away into the mainstream release. The initial Concept releases were very stripped-back in comparison.

Still no update on my Z3C!

Soldato
I like the current concept version. Not sure I want to move away from it really.

I'd agree, I prefer the vanilla approach to concept and also the idea of how they roll out updates with communication so not sure i'd change. It also breathed life into my aging Z3.

Back
Top Bottom