BMW and M Power Owners

Permabanned
would a heavily discounted M4 comp pack not be worth considering ?, there was a UK deal recently for such with HK audio and a few extras for £52k factory order

appreciate this might not be available for a left hooker in your location

Not really, but thanks for the thought - I'm not fond of the M4... the Turbo I6 just doesn't excite me like the E9X V8 did.

I found Insane Mode to be strangely addictive :D That slight "wooooosh" and then you're at 80mph. Haven't driven a Boxster so can't relate though.

:)

Man of Honour
rumours of an updated media system and new wheels also, more than enough to keep my interest, but hey I'm sure your still getting over the shock of the very real possibility of it actually being built :)

I am very surprised it's coming, the 1 Series has barely a year left as you know and they didn't bother the B series engine in the 6 Series which has as long left.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
[TW]Fox;29467457 said:
Why is it a shame? Makes it more affordable. Would you prefer used ones cost 90 grand instead of 50?

No of course not, but even at £50k they're going to keep going down and be very hard to shift. It's the sort of car that you should probably lease/buy with a GFV in the agreement, then that way you know largely what you're in for with the highest cost of owning such a car (the depreciation). Either that or buy it without caring what the future value does and just enjoy the car.

Man of Honour
So what you are saying is that the flagship ultra high performance luxury BMW is expensive to own and not accessible to many? Hold the front page :p

I find the opposite with the normal 6 in that they quote quickly collapse to 36k then slowly sit at around 30k for ever. Only crap ones sink below 25 despite being almost 5 years old whereas just over 30 can get you a sub 3 year old. Most strange.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Yes exactly that :p

It's a weird market, no one really wants one but dealers are holding prices high. M6s (non GC) have been stable(ish) at £45k-55k for a while now with quite a low turn over in stock.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Elephant offered me a deal on their personal injury, hire car and lost/damaged/stolen keys cover addon. £39 for it for the policy year.

My original genuine key has been playing up (weak battery) and I asked would this policy cover that key being replaced, they went away to confirm and it will be covered.

So for £39 I can now get a genuine key from BMW which would normally cost £139 to get from them. That's also cheaper than getting a spare key done via BMkeys. Should note that only BMW supplied fobs will read on the BMW dealer fob readers, all non genuine chips in copied keys will error out on dealer readers.

Soldato
Elephant are great at screwing up on recorded calls. They gave me a quote about £300 less than it should have been a couple of years ago, denied it, then honoured it when I got them to listen to the recording.

Soldato
Stormster, didnt want to go off topic in the motors thread. Seen you might be having timeing chain problems? Bad times, proper **** if so.

How would you know? Hopefully its just you being paranoid and its nothing.

Soldato
Well you can gather after the paint fiasco I over-think things and get super paranoid too easily :D It sounds like this when it's warm... not as loud as this guys in the cabin though thankfully!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oWrjdxM6eQ

There is talk that cars my age can be "noisy" without any chain failures etc. It is silent when cold. The car drives and runs smoothly but it has a noise like the above vid, just not quite that loud, but it's there :/

http://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45004 kinda explains other peoples views on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stormster you are like the old me, i use to drive around with no music on always listening out for any noise and then running to the internet to read the horror storys. Main reason i got rid of that VXR.

Honestly most BMW's, even my petrol engined bmw is loud along with strange noises (completely normal). If you can find someone with the same car ask them for a listen. I never knew until i owned this how loud the bmw engines are in all cars, diesel and petrol. Been told its the lifters in N53 that make the engine noisy.

My rule to my self now though is to just enjoy the car until it breaks down or pings something at me, then worry about it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah this is it. I've been a bit of a meet this afternoon and I listened to a few others with the same engine and to be fair 2 out of 3 others did it, mine is a smidge louder though. Someone else is going to have a listen tonight. One lad said the fan belt pulley went on his and it made a similar noise before, sort of rubber centred and it just went off balance and disintegrated? I need to look into it more, think a new fan belt would be good anyway as this one looks a little perished.

It's booked in for a remap 18th May, gonna do it none the less :D

Back
Top Bottom