*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Soldato
Hey, im super confused. I Got Kodi up and running on my FireTV which is ace. Id really like to set it up to have all the movies displayed as like film posters with blurbs etc that i can scroll through. is that a thing or did i dream it?

Sorry if this is basic ad answered a million times.

It's a thing. Make sure your adding the movie location as a source. One you have a library view then try out different skins. Aeon mq6 is the best imho,google some images

Soldato
If anyone is interested, there is an update to SPMC.

Add voice recognition to soft keyboard (cf. faq )
Add Thumbnails cleanup (cf. faq )
[Shield] fallback to s/w for 3D (still issues with HTAB/HSBS)
(re-)Add reboot & shutdown on rooted devices
Add support for AudioFormat::ENCODING_IEC61937 (Android N IEC passthrough)
Expand recommendations and voice search to tv shows and music albums
Fix IEC passthrough volume issue
TrueHD PT buffer tweaks
Backport "disable PT when sync to display is enabled"

Soldato
It works better on my shield than kodi. And I'm certain you can have spmc and kodi on the same box so you can try it without uninstalling kodi.

Click the link above for more info as the developer has stopped doing it for certain chipsets.

The developer of spmc was the main programmer of kodi before he left.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having issues with certain video files on my raspberry pi 2 running OpenELEC-6.0.3. The video looks like its playing with 1fps constantly and cuts in and out to a grey screen. This only happens with 3 files i have rest are fine. I have checked the files on my computer they are totally fine no different than my other files (mostly mkv). I have also tested the files on kodi running on my computer, they are totally fine play with no issues, so its got to be the rasberry pi??????

Under Video Tracks all 3 say HEVC(H265 Main 10 @L4 0) (they are mkv though)

Tried every setting i can nothing makes It go away. Any advice or hints?

Last edited:
Soldato
I have found on my Pi 3 that by using the Kodi 17 Nightlies HEVC playback is much improved. I can now play 720p content quite normally but 1080p is still a judder feast and I suppose it will not get much better, given no hardware decoding.
I have overclocked the Pi 3.
I kinda like the Estuary skin over that pf Confluence though on the 17 builds.

Permabanned
Does anyone know how to turn the feature off that advertises a random show in your library while you are watching one?

Every so often it pops up in the bottom right of the screen and it's getting annoying.

Like so
1rUsJwp.jpg

If it helps i use the Aeon MQ6 skin, the modded one to work on the latest Kodi.

Soldato
I imagine that you have the Next Aired Addon installed and enabled. If you go to your addons and double click on it you can then turn off that feature.

Oops I just fired my Kodi up to check and its the Next Up notification addon you need to edit....

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435

Annoying when skinners add addons without fully describing what they do, then again the creator of that addon has just changed the default behaviour of it to be "off" for the next episode.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Cheers mate, I was about to ask if it was maybe that as the Next Aired one isn't in the list but that is.

It looks like it's the "Display random unwatched notification" in it's settings that needs disabled, second from the bottom.

Soldato
Got a small issue with my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.

My 60' Plasma doesn't seem to pick up the HDMI signal.

It does however work fine when I use my PC monitor or small 32' Panasonic LED.

Any ideas what's causing this or what settings to fiddle with?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom