Vw used approved warranty - help

Soldato
OP
Update: car went in for a service as per warranty terms and to have g28 replaced.

I got a phone call in the afternoon to say service all done, but the warranty company wouldn't pay for the g28 sensor as it wasn't a definite fix despite coming from vw technical.

I've contacted vw UK, awaiting a call back from them now regarding this.

Associate
What was the issue with your box?

It had a noise like worn synchro's causing a grinding noise on one particular down shift (S-tronic). Audi customer service were useless no matter how often I chased them - it was a case of "not broken yet".

Once I got to the better dealer and they confirmed it was not an acceptable noise then progress was made. It seemed very much down to the dealer to push the case.

Soldato
OP
It had a noise like worn synchro's causing a grinding noise on one particular down shift (S-tronic). Audi customer service were useless no matter how often I chased them - it was a case of "not broken yet".

Once I got to the better dealer and they confirmed it was not an acceptable noise then progress was made. It seemed very much down to the dealer to push the case.

Thanks for your reply! New one on me today when at a standstill - put clutch pedal down and engage first gear very hard and car jolts forward slightly when you do get it in. If you put the clutch in and out before doing the above it goes in ok!

Warranty is due to run out in two days so I guess I'll be extending it :mad:

Soldato
Found out that's it's not my gearbox that's broken but a part inside it. gear selector bearing it's called. So I asked why was it reving high then dropping back down like the gears were then gripping. He said the clutch is slightly warn and it could be that so I'm having that done as well.

Not got it back yet but it's costing £500 for a new clutch and the gear selector bearings. Hopefully that will sort it.

Back
Top Bottom