Alienation [PS4] - March 23rd 2016 - £15.99

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I'll be getting this. Looks rather good.

Yes, I found the livecast from the PlayStation experience which says there are now three classes to choose from and each has its own levelling up system with special powers. I like the sound of that - guarantees three playthroughs at least. :p

Caporegime
OP
T-12 days now (title is inaccurate as date was pushed back to 26/4/16).

I've put my preorder in whilst it's currently 10% off on the PS store. Never do a digital pre-order but I have complete faith in Housemarque to deliver something as good as their previous games.

Caporegime
OP
This is the second time today I'm sitting here wondering about your abbreviations, ps3ud0. It took me an hour to work out what ME beta was. Mass Effect? No, he can't have got his hands on that. Ah, Mirror's Edge. And now I'm stuck on LMK!

Caporegime
Let Me Know - I think I only use understood/expected abbreviations but YMMV ;)

I should have said Mirrors Edge so sorry about that...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Helldivers is a very polished, standard twin stick shooter but uses some nice keystroke combinations to do tasks within the game. Its a pretty rock solid game and skill alone just isnt enough, you really need to upgrade your equipment and pick your battles well. I find co-op with the friendly fire hilarious at times...

Going back to something like Dead Nation just isnt as fun anymore - I like the complexity of HellDivers and would play it more if I had people to co-op it with

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
OP
Taken this for a spin now. Finished the first map. It is pretty much Dead Nation but with aliens. However, there is now XP and a skill tree to play about with as well as upgrading weapons so there is more customization.

I ought to add a supplementary to this. The first map was a bit "meh" as I suppose the game was easing you in but the second map is great fun! New baddies, more baddies and bosses. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
The first patch is out now (1.01) which makes the mothership bit easier so I finally managed to do it tonight. Nice to see that there are more things to do now, the world resets so you can play again and there are assignments and bonus UFO missions to do.

Back
Top Bottom