Dawn of War 3?

Caporegime
I've always struggled with base building in Dawn of War. Base building was never part of the lore of Warhammer, and to be forced to in DoW always seemed weird. DoWII sat far better with me as the smaller squads where more appropriate.

Neither base building nor tiny 3 man squads for everything sat well with the lore so both are wrong in that respect. :p

Soldato
The articles make it sound amazing with mention of DoW1 style bases & big armies

The magma looking screenshot shown looks like DoW2 with what looks like small 5 unit + 3 unit squads :( (altho prob alpha)

Adding bigger units into the game sounds cool but will it just make the game a race to get that upgrade & stomp the enemy?

Also having 3 factions on release could mean the game will end up being ruined by DLC? :confused:

Associate
OP
I just went out and got the PC Gamer Magazine, which has an exclusive look at Dawn of War 3, shows off the new bases and some story info. Made a video showing it off, enjoy

Associate
Excited! Went through a long period of loving these kinds of games, starting with Dune/Total Annihilation and through DOW etc.. Very interested to see how it turns out/progresses.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Choo choo choo all aboard the hype train.

Count me in 100% for either DOW or DOW 2 loved them both :)

Now also make a decent bloody movie or 7 part TV series to that standard with crazy ass battles as in the trailer. MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT MAKE IT.

Gangster
Associate
Looks like it will be base building then. However it says they will be focusing on the 'Main three' armys; Eldar, Ork & Space marines... You know what that means? Potentially 8 more DLCs for each army etc. ¬_¬

None the less I need to hurry and get Usurper achievement for CR & make a start on Ret before I get this! :D

I've never played any Dawn Of War games before but i'm quite interested in the 3rd. Would you recommend playing the previous ones first or not?

Dawn of War (1) is a great game so I'd recommend picking that up and giving it a try. Game of the Year edition includes Winter Assault.

That is only if you can't wait for 3's release.

Back
Top Bottom