HTC Vive

agt

agt

Associate
I want to just be able to do stuff like this, so far I don't get motion sickness, but I don't like getting random programs like VorpX, this is what steam integration is for

https://youtu.be/dtjEhe9O88g

Vive room scale is the holodeck from star trek, just amazing and so simple that it just works

Everyone that has played room scale wants one now, it's different from Nvidia 3D and just regular VR because it pulls your entire body into the game

The games lack depth: there's no story games, no RPG with a complex meta of inventory/abilities/spec/etc

But the technology is there now

Last edited:
Soldato
If you like the archery game in the Lab you should grab Holopoint too, its pretty cheap and loads of fun

hah, I have!

Its great, I was sore in the morning after but what a great little game.

I think I need a "totem" maybe a damaged coin :)

I've been dreaming and thought the bed was the VR extents, its about the same size, the cat was there, I was like "wow, this VR is amazing, such high resolution" really impressed me. All the time the GF is lying there looking at me like I'm nuts, haha. When I fully woke up I couldn't stop laughing.

Soldato
So I got my pre-authorisation email and the payment's cleared, it's up for processing!

Question - does the Vive come with any games or is it a case of me going through steam now and buying a few? I've already downloaded a bunch of free stuff that came recommended, but didn't want to splash out on stuff that turns out to be included?

Associate
I like the idea of vorpx in games such as GTA 5 but not sure I could get used to the idea of using the head tracking and mouse to view and shoot

Associate
So I got my pre-authorisation email and the payment's cleared, it's up for processing!

Question - does the Vive come with any games or is it a case of me going through steam now and buying a few? I've already downloaded a bunch of free stuff that came recommended, but didn't want to splash out on stuff that turns out to be included?

You will get an email from Valve with a code that includes Job Simulator, Fantastic Contraption and Tilt Brush so make sure you don't buy those!

I would personally recommend Hover Junkers, Space Pirate Trainer and if you don't suffer from motion sickness Windlands.

Associate
Well after trying and then ordering the Vive in "Computer World" all the way back on 21/03 I've finally had an email saying I should be getting it soon!
Still not entirely sure when but they have confirmed that it should definitely be this month as per their original 'May' date.

Really hope so, as after calling them the other week I've had three call backs, first saying 'end of June', then another saying 'it will be May', then the third call again saying 'end of June!
But a least now I have a proper mail, so have it in writing that it'll be this month.

I've thought about cancelling it few times but they had already taken the money and I'd have to get that refunded and then order elsewhere and re-join the queue.
Plus I've saved myself the 60 odd quid - or what ever it was - on delivery etc. Does mean I need to go and pick it up and get it home but no biggy, plus I can spend that saving on software.

Though saying that the one nice thing about the delay - actually there is no nice thing about sitting waiting for it for so long while others are enjoying theirs - is that there seems to be more and more content by the day and plenty of free stuff to try out.

Can't wait. :D

Soldato
Really enjoying Universe Sandbox 2; the VR mode has fewer features than the desktop mode but it’s fun nevertheless with the added bonus of the extra features when running in desktop mode. Its alpha/beta so hopefully they will add additional features/performance tweaks to the VR mode.

Soldato
Really enjoying Universe Sandbox 2; the VR mode has fewer features than the desktop mode but it’s fun nevertheless with the added bonus of the extra features when running in desktop mode. Its alpha/beta so hopefully they will add additional features/performance tweaks to the VR mode.

Probably buy this next. Sounds good alright, hearing good things about it.

Caporegime
Yea i think the Nvidia bias still exists in this game.

The problem seems to be dropped frames when turning my head to look to the apex / exit of a corner, or even looking around the cabin when driving in a straight line.

TBH graphics options: medium / some high to everything low makes little difference and i actually think not loading the card up makes it a little worse.

I was hoping for some golden bullet of a setting which would make things better :p But seems more like a bug.

Soldato
I bought it to try and it seems like a good game, some nice car choices but its the only game that makes we want to spew :)

I'm using a 390

Good game, but I think I'll wait to try it with a 1070 or 1080

Associate
I have noticed that with project cars if I set the resolution to match my monitor, 4K, and graphics pretty much high on everything it seems to run better on the vive.

Back
Top Bottom