Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Man of Honour
Guile's df... wow. I'm in shock.

Is it possible to do st.HP, cr.MP, Flash Kick?
I can't seem to hold charge long enough. I can do it for Sonic Booms.

Yes it is, quite easily. Far easier than ending is with a boom as it has less charge time.

You have to delay your flash kick to get it to come out on one of the last 3 frames of the cmp cancel window, with the boom it's the last 2 frames.

Edit: Oops, didn't refresh the page before posting.

Soldato
Folks I would appreciate some help, trying to get my Fightstick Pro (Madcatz TE I guess?) to work with SF5, quick googling hasn't revealed anything and was hoping anyone can offer any insight/advice?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok some people are reporting using Joy2Key, I guess that's the way ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Biggler. So can I just confirm there are no drivers available and the only way is to use "remapping" software effectively?

Any particular ones which are better than others? I tried Joy2Key and it worked pretty well, but I just wonder if there is any element of delay input or something?

Associate
So can I just confirm there are no drivers available and the only way is to use "remapping" software effectively?

I think for the later Madcatz sticks there's a driver that lets you switch between DInput and XInput mode for the stick which gets its working negatively with SF5.

Is there anything like that for your stick?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/10/mad-catz-releases-xinput-drivers-for-street-fighter-v-products/

I didn't like Joy2Key just cos I had to have an extra program running, but it worked absolutely fine. I'm not sure about extra input lag though.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Brook Ultimate Fighting Board in NY so my hitbox now shows up as an XBONE pad and works without extra fluff.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think for the later Madcatz sticks there's a driver that lets you switch between DInput and XInput mode for the stick which gets its working negatively with SF5.

Is there anything like that for your stick?

http://shoryuken.com/2016/03/10/mad-catz-releases-xinput-drivers-for-street-fighter-v-products/

I didn't like Joy2Key just cos I had to have an extra program running, but it worked absolutely fine. I'm not sure about extra input lag though.

I was lucky enough to pick up a Brook Ultimate Fighting Board in NY so my hitbox now shows up as an XBONE pad and works without extra fluff.

360CE works a charm. Thanks Biggler!

(I have the TE Fightstick Pro which doesn't have any drivers).

Soldato
So had a quick bash on this last night with Guile (Im sure you are surprised Kreeeee).

Cant Guile plink c.LP, c.MP anymore?

Also love being able to cancel FK into Sonic hurricane much more easily than SF4!

Soldato
So had a quick bash on this last night with Guile (Im sure you are surprised Kreeeee).

Cant Guile plink c.LP, c.MP anymore?

Also love being able to cancel FK into Sonic hurricane much more easily than SF4!

You don't need to plink in this game.
Whilst the inputs will still show mp>lp+mp they have taken the function away.

but they have also remove c.lp>c.mp for almost all characters.
some have s.lp, mp, chun have c.lp, c.mk in vtrigger.

but guile is c.lp c.lp fk, off a lp.
but more about then (neutral)s.hp, c.mp, boom marhvel loops.

Soldato
You don't need to plink in this game.
Whilst the inputs will still show mp>lp+mp they have taken the function away.

but they have also remove c.lp>c.mp for almost all characters.
some have s.lp, mp, chun have c.lp, c.mk in vtrigger.

but guile is c.lp c.lp fk, off a lp.
but more about then (neutral)s.hp, c.mp, boom marhvel loops.

Yep cheers Ro88ie, been reading up also.
I gotta say, what the hell have they done to Guile? This is more Omega Guile than anything else. Sonic Boom/Blade orgies.

Soldato
I like the idea that Juri, Rog and Urien will be playable.
PC modders will undoubtedly let us play them in training mode for some fun. (even though they will be different by their release.

It does mean you will lose your free characters though guys. So make sure you have 300,000 saved up for Alex, Guile & Ibuki.

Soldato
I like the idea that Juri, Rog and Urien will be playable.
PC modders will undoubtedly let us play them in training mode for some fun. (even though they will be different by their release.

It does mean you will lose your free characters though guys. So make sure you have 300,000 saved up for Alex, Guile & Ibuki.

Ouch, thanks for the headsup Ro88ie.
Whats the best way to build up credits?

Back
Top Bottom