• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION: WANNA PRE-ORDER?

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
That is your perception but it would be wrong.

Because of comments like yours I will go back to doing what I did long before I was on any forums. I was using high end systems solely for my own use and never shared the details with anyone, not even my friends, family or workmates.

I did think this was an enthusiasts forum but people like you have proved me wrong.

Kaap you a big boy don't let the green eye trolls win. ;)

I admire a real aficionado and love all your posts on graphics cards and don't give **** how much you spend, as it is your money after all. :)

As for people saying he is boasting, no he is not he is a real enthusiast on graphics cards. You should admire and support not troll because you are poor and do not understand. :mad:

I wont be buying one because I personally cannot justify the price, but if I had the money just maybe.
But I will read with great pleasure about all you lucky sods that get one. :p

Soldato
But it isn't the Rolls Royce, in relation to their established range of products across each generation.....

I'm not sure how you don't get it, look at any technology brought on in cycles. It would be like Apple releasing an iPhone 7C for the same price as the iPhone 6S, everyone knowing the actual 7 would be coming soon. Or Intel releasing their next quad core i7 product at the same price as the previous generations Xeon price. Even if faster, It's disjointed and overpriced in relation to the range of products established each iteration.

I'm done trying to explain it to you.

I get you and have tried explaining but some people don't want to listen or simply don't understand.

Imagine if AMD release a nextgen Polaris which is faster than the 980ti but call it the 480X or even a 470X. Would people happily pay £620 for it since it's faster than a 980ti or would they think twice since it is just the lower end card in the range so should be priced in the £180-£250 range.

The 1080 is simply the 980 replacement so should be priced accordingly. It shouldn't matter of its faster than a TX because this is the next gen and a natural progression in technology is expected.

Last edited:
Soldato
In a way it is AMD's fault, they are usually the people keeping everything sane, but they are useless ATM in both GPU and CPU so intel and Nvidia are doing what they want.

if AMD had a 490x that was within 15-20% performance and also much lower MSRP, the 1080 would not be in this situation.

Soldato
In a way it is AMD's fault, they are usually the people keeping everything sane, but they are useless ATM in both GPU and CPU so intel and Nvidia are doing what they want.

if AMD had a 490x that was within 15-20% performance and also much lower MSRP, the 1080 would not be in this situation.

I hope that was a joke but how can you blame AMD when the consumers were not buying clearly faster cards such as 390 or 380 and instead going for the slower 970 or 960?
If you don't like the situation then blame the fanboys who consistently discredit AMD and promote anything Nvidia as if they work for the company.

I have a bad feeling Nvidia know that AMD is targeting the low end market for now so they are taking advantage of the situation. It's not like when they released the 980ti to undercut the FuryX before it was even announced.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Kaap you a big boy don't let the green eye trolls win. ;)

I admire a real aficionado and love all your posts on graphics cards and don't give **** how much you spend, as it is your money after all. :)

As for people saying he is boasting, no he is not he is a real enthusiast on graphics cards. You should admire and support not troll because you are poor and do not understand. :mad:

I wont be buying one because I personally cannot justify the price, but if I had the money just maybe.
But I will read with great pleasure about all you lucky sods that get one. :p

Thanks.:)

I won't be getting the FE 1080 on launch day as I think I can do better waiting for the non reference ones which should give better performance and quality at a lower price in a few weeks time.:)

Associate
Thanks.:)

I won't be getting the FE 1080 on launch day as I think I can do better waiting for the non reference ones which should give better performance and quality at a lower price in a few weeks time.:)

You have literally just proven the point i and many others have been making. Have to chuckle.

Associate
I just really really really hope these don't sell. I was hyped for the 1080 now I just feel angry about it. Please spread the word that this isn't acceptable, don't buy let them sit there (except gregster, i understand your reasons).

I would have considered £550 max. But not with 1 8 pin

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You have literally just proven the point i and many others have been making. Have to chuckle.

What point lol.

I have already stated a lot earlier in the thread about waiting for the non reference cards. I also listed the advantages why I was doing it, I guess you did not read this.:D

Ultimately the price of the FE 1080 is what it is, it is up to people to decide whether they want the card or not.

It is not for you, me or anyone else to dictate to people what they should buy, it is entirely up to them and what fits their requirements.

Associate
People complaining about the price- what good do you think it will do? You're basically wasting your time here as nvidia won't be reading your posts and go like 'omg no one is going to buy our stuff let's make them cheaper''. Nope, they will be laughing all the way to the bank. If you want good performance cheaper wait for amd's offerings or buy a used GTX 980 Ti. It sucks, but that's just how the world works. If you want to complain just contact nvidia and let them know. Prices aren't going to change anytime soon unless Polaris turns out to be a beast. So let the guys who can afford/don't mind paying the extra dough enjoy their stuff.

Associate
I was lead to believe these cards will be more powerful, less energy consuming and slightly cheaper cards. Then they pop out at this price, what a sick joke. Keep your card nvidia

Associate
People complaining about the price- what good do you think it will do? You're basically wasting your time here as nvidia won't be reading your posts and go like 'omg no one is going to buy our stuff let's make them cheaper''. Nope, they will be laughing all the way to the bank. If you want good performance cheaper wait for amd's offerings or buy a used GTX 980 Ti. It sucks, but that's just how the world works. If you want to complain just contact nvidia and let them know. Prices aren't going to change anytime soon unless Polaris turns out to be a beast. So let the guys who can afford/don't mind paying the extra dough enjoy their stuff.

Well it's a discussion forum and people are, you know, discussing it. :rolleyes:

Associate
I'll just get it over with, terrible price. Stupid people who buy it blah blah. That's my honest opinion but also I respect people can buy stuff based on when they have to have a new build etc. but if it's not a new build and not needed then it's a bit of a sad waste.

There's always things people are happy to throw money at, fair enough, but it's just not a good deal so don't expect anyone to praise the rip off Nvidia is doing. Reminds me of tulip mania
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania
people have money and want to waste it just to be special but when it comes mainstream it'll not be cool and they'll jump to the next rip off. Either way it's a hobby so I can understand people being willing to throw there money at it sometimes but common sense too pls, I think I'll wait for vega / the 1080ti rather than pay over 600 for a mid range piece lol. Someone mentioned Nvidia laughing to the bank, more like laughing at there fans :p It's honestly hard to believe how easy marketing to some people has become.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom