144Hz Issues - Help!

Associate
Ok so i will start with what i thought i was getting and what i got. I have had 60hz hdmi monitors for long enough, upto 200 fps but albeit on a 60hz with vsync off and tearing.

My thoughts were OK, get a 144Hz monitor - put VSync on to get rid of the tearing and hit 144fps as this will be matching my monitors refresh rate. Am i right so far?

Well i got my new monitor and did a clean install of Windows as i have also just set up a RAID0 with 2 SSD's. Downloaded the latest drivers etc and fired up Black Ops III. I didn't touch anything i just played. In game menu shows my refresh rate as 144.001hz GREAT, VSYNC ON ... bleeding well capped out bang on 72FPS. Bit odd to be exactly half of what i expected? I messed about after reading loads of things and now all i get is 60FPS with VSYNC on or upto 200 with it off and still tearing.

Did i miss something? Isn't the 144hz supposed to allow me vsync upto 144fps? I 'thought' that was the whole point - tearless smooth gameplay at a high fps.

How do i make my game hit 144fps with vsync on? ...

Thanks for any help.:rolleyes::confused:

Associate
OP
Set the game up with GeForce Experience and 1st time boom 144fps. After a trial and error testing stuff i found that it was the fullscreen windowed causing it. If i have fullscreen only and tab out it also bangs the fps down to 72 until i reboot the game.

If i load up on fullscreen, stay in fullscreen the whole game i have no issues. Rather annoyingly meaning i will have to buy another bloody monitor! More money ... *SIGH*

Associate
OP
Well as long as you can always keep 144fps minimum frame rates this should be fine.

Yep, working fine but cannot use Fullscreen Windowed mode or tab outwithout it capping to 72 again. Pain in the arse so another monitor needed =/

I have a pretty solid PC and just about manage to hit the 144+ fps on 1080P ... god im glad i didn't get a 1440P 27" or it would have been money wasted for sure!

Back
Top Bottom