Drive The Deal

Associate
I'm in the market for a new Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.0L EcoBoost 3 door and have came across this site. I've been on Carwow and have quotes from dealers but this sites prices are considerably less than I have so far seen. The best on Carwow was £12,144 not including £900 deposit contribution where as DTD has it at £10,594.60 with the £900 deposit contribution already included. That's still a difference of £649.40

Has anyone used these before? If so, how good are they? Can your deposit be more than £500? How far away are the dealers usually located?

Associate
Hi. Are you talking about the finance deposit. If you are you can usually put down up to around 50%.

If you want to go ahead with the order you can phone them and they will usually tell you the county the dealers are in to give you a rough idea. Mine was within £200 of car wow to I opted for that instead.

Soldato
Take a look at the Zetec S, you'll find they might not be much more or infact cheaper.

I leased mine for a couple of years as a 2nd car, impressive little car from such a tiny engine.

Soldato
I used DTD for my fiesta and it was a very straight forward process. Placed the order with them and paid the £500 deposit. The dealer then contacted me a few days later to confirm all the details. Luckily for me the dealer was only a few miles away. My total deposit was £3k and I paid the remaining balance a few days prior to pickup directly to the dealer

A lot of people have had success taking the DTD quote to their local dealer and asking them to match it. Might be worth a go if you are worried about the dealer being too far away.

Soldato
Used DtD for my CLS 18 months back, and they were easily the best price (circa. £11k saving :D). Very easy to deal with; in fact, you will have very little dealings with them, as once you pay the initial ~£500 they more or less hand you off to the supplying dealer.

Also used their prices as bartering tool for my wife's XC60, and local dealer finally matched the deal. Either way, they get my recommendation, and I will certainly be using them when our current cars are ready to be changed.

Soldato
I understand people wanting the best price when buying. I would do the same but I wonder, as more people use these types of deals, what will happen to the P/X prices come trade in time.... I guess we will just need to expect lower P/X prices as well...

Associate
I understand people wanting the best price when buying. I would do the same but I wonder, as more people use these types of deals, what will happen to the P/X prices come trade in time.... I guess we will just need to expect lower P/X prices as well...
True, but a shake up of prices is definitely needed. I've taken DTD quotes to dealers and they've laughed me out of the place accusing me of making it up.
On top of that they offer terrible part exchange pricing. I'd be happy for all car deals to go internet based. Some of these dealers dont realise that the younger generation wont touch them at all in the future, they will be quite happy to buy straight off the net the same as everything else.
At some point pricing will need to get more competitive so that obviously means a shift in second hand values.

Soldato
P/X prices may well be affected, but market forces rule. If one buys on the PCP route, then you know your GFV and can budget accordingly.......thing is, what places like DtD show up is just how much money is in some car sales - using my CLS as an example, it was nearly 7 months before I saw an approved used one for sale at less than I paid for my car factory fresh, and even then it was without some options.....so, buy brand new for one price, or pay a little more (for a 7 month period or so) and pick up an ex demo/2nd user/whatever version of the same - seems obvious to me what the best option is :)

Soldato
I've used Drive the Deal, I can recommend them with no reservations.

No hassle, cheapest price I could find, local dealers wouldn't match it or even get close.

I got more for my part ex as well by giving it to WBAC instead.

The dealer my car was sourced from was on the other side of the country but the price you pay includes delivery. You can increase the deposit - have that discussion with the dealer once DTD put you in touch with them to take the actual order.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the reviews, looks like it's a good option. I'm going to see if they will match or get near the prices I have been given. Does anyone know if you get a list of dealers if you do a finance quote with DTD?

Soldato
No you don't get a list of dealers. They don't normally let you know the exact dealer until after you have paid the deposit. Stops you going direct and then losing out on their commission

Associate
No hassle, cheapest price I could find, local dealers wouldn't match it or even get close.
This is the problem with dealers, one of them somewhere is obviously willing to supply the car at the cheaper price so why arent they all?
One dealer actually said to me that if I did manage to get a new car that cheap that he would be complaining to head office as it was way below the price they even get supplied at. He was wanting me to ring him to tell him which dealer it was!!

Associate
I`ve used DTD, no issues whatsoever and would certainly recommend them.

The Car was delivered on a trailer to my house and that was included in the price. Local dealer coudln`t get anywhere close, tried all the usual "it`s an import, different spec" etc etc

Soldato
Got my ST through DTD, back when their Ford dealer was in the middle of Wales - nice road trip going to collect it and drive it back though :D

Had similar experiences with Carwow where they just can't match these broker prices.

A couple of other alternatives are Broadspeed and Orangewheels; on some models they can be cheaper than even DTD.

Back
Top Bottom