David Cameron buys £1500 used Nissan Micra...

Soldato
Who needs a car for getting around central? Also Samantha Cameron is far wealthier than Dave, pretty sure she could buy her own car if she feels the need. Complete and utter publicity stunt. I'll be amazed if the car hasn't already been scrapped.

Associate
If I was his Wife (I actually looks pretty damn hot in a dress) I'd be pretty ******* off with my Husband if he was on his wages & bought me that. I'd look much better in a Trendy little Fiat 500.

But she would be obliged to drive everywhere in the right hand lane blocking traffic like a total **** and it would be hard for her not to be recognized whilst doing so.

im sure someone has mentioned this by now...

Manufactured in the uk.

What? Just a couple of days before purdah? You cynic! :)

Associate
So with a bit of internet detective work by reverse image searching the advert image used on the telegraphs report of this (which had its number plate blurred) I managed to find the corresponding advert on friday-ad.co.uk by that dealer. This website lets you view expired adverts, from this I now have the full number plate of the prime ministers new car.

Not sure on the wisdom of posting it but I guess any one here could back track this work easily enough. Number plate ends in LXC and is taxed until the 01 May 2017 and MOT until November 2016. DVLA MOT history isn't working for it though.

Edit: MOT history is working if you type the number plate in correctly :p David Cameron should have checked the car over better, it has advisories on N/S/R INNER SILL CORROSION

Last edited:
the photo looks staged to me. dave isn't looking at the camera. I would guess this is because he's looking at the other 50 cameras. also he would know this would make the news, so why not send someone who knows a thing about cars to check it over for him. he went as he know it would look good for the public

however with that said i'm sure he had a legit reason. a cheap run around for a nanny is the most likely reason imo, but if he said that he'd get called privileged so instead said it was for sam.

Soldato
This is hilarious. If he had bought her a new porsche cayenne everyone would have been mocking him for being a lavish git.

Damned if he does....

Yep... That's politics! Stuff being the Prime Minister, you'll never be able to keep everyone happy

Soldato
This is hilarious. If he had bought her a new porsche cayenne everyone would have been mocking him for being a lavish git.

Damned if he does....

I wouldn't, everyone knows he is a millionaire on a 6 figure salary, they also know she is also a millionaire, and that she was on a 6 figure salary until 2010, and is reported to still be on a 6 figure salary on a part time consulting basis. Also her parents are multi millionaires. I'd have more respect (assuming the car is actually for her) if he'd just bought a car in line with what people expected, instead of the obvious "man of the people, buys his wife a £1500 runaround" PR stunt.

Soldato
Edit: MOT history is working if you type the number plate in correctly :p David Cameron should have checked the car over better, it has advisories on N/S/R INNER SILL CORROSION

You're a bit late with that, like I said, it doesn't appear to have been looked after too well, what with having advisories about low tyres and knackered lights at practically every MOT :p

But yeah, the "O" in the image looks a bit like a "D" at first glance.

Caporegime
I wouldn't, everyone knows he is a millionaire on a 6 figure salary, they also know she is also a millionaire, and that she was on a 6 figure salary until 2010, and is reported to still be on a 6 figure salary on a part time consulting basis. Also her parents are multi millionaires. I'd have more respect (assuming the car is actually for her) if he'd just bought a car in line with what people expected, instead of the obvious "man of the people, buys his wife a £1500 runaround" PR stunt.

Here here. It just stinks of a PR stunt!

Man of Honour
the photo looks staged to me. dave isn't looking at the camera. I would guess this is because he's looking at the other 50 cameras. also he would know this would make the news, so why not send someone who knows a thing about cars to check it over for him. he went as he know it would look good for the public

however with that said i'm sure he had a legit reason. a cheap run around for a nanny is the most likely reason imo, but if he said that he'd get called privileged so instead said it was for sam.

Makes much more sense that it was for staff use or similar or maybe a present for a relative that is just old enough to learn to drive or something.

Doesn't his wife own a Merc S class/Daimler or something like that anyhow?

Last edited:
Soldato
Makes much more sense that it was for staff use or similar or maybe a present for a relative that is just old enough to learn to drive or something.

Still doesn't make that much sense... would you rather have your nanny ferry your kids around in a 12 year old tincan or a nice big, safe modern car?

Likewise as a present for a relative...

Soldato
He's only doing it to look like a average person after the panama papers, why had he not purchased a used car before he's had time.

Back
Top Bottom