Poll: Aero or lightweight bike?

Aero or lightweight bike?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Disc brakes are awesome :p

If you're happy with rim brakes then there's no reason to move over but personally I find they give me much more confidence on the road (possibly making me a wuss but..whatever). I wouldn't want to "downgrade" to rim brakes but I can also see how people find them pointless if they do well enough with regular ones.

Soldato
For shame:
Berger, Bunka, DanF, Dis86, grudas, lordrobs, mattyfez, platypus, Raptor, Sgt_Pepper, topgun06

:p

aww did I pick wrong, tbh if it was all about speed and efficiency then I'd just jump on the motorbike ;)

The setups on most aero bikes just looks so un-comfy, I've got spacers on a Synapse and it has a long headtube.

Soldato
Dunno how I ever made it down the tourmalet that day in a thunderstorm while the surface was been patched up for the tour on rim brakes.. :D

was caught in the rains a few weeks ago with disc commuting bike. Some lovely London diesel covered water splashed on my front disc and lost almost all braking power, they squeaked like mad as well.

Soldato
:D My excuse is that I'm fat and slow and would therefore look way too try hard or 'all the gear no idea' on an aero bike. Truth be told the same applied to a lightweight bike which is why I happily ride an entry level aluminium jobbie :p

I know you are in part joking so its not a go at you, but what is it with cycling that you get this "all the gear no idea " nonsense? There seems to be some bizarre snobbery where you have to be an elite cyclist to be able to ride a decent bike.

People that own Porsches or sports cars in general dont have to be racing car drivers etc.

uv

uv

Soldato
I know you are in part joking so its not a go at you, but what is it with cycling that you get this "all the gear no idea " nonsense? There seems to be some bizarre snobbery where you have to be an elite cyclist to be able to ride a decent bike.

I commute on carbon wheels and Di2 :p

I don't see the point in spending a few grand on a bike that you'll only ride on the four sunny weekends a year we get up north.

Soldato
I'm not going to mock how people choose to spend their monies but it was interesting to see how many people were riding TT bikes on Sunday during a half Ironman that couldn't actually use their aero bars. Might as well be on a road bike at that point?

Soldato
I'm not going to mock how people choose to spend their monies but it was interesting to see how many people were riding TT bikes on Sunday during a half Ironman that couldn't actually use their aero bars. Might as well be on a road bike at that point?

I guess that by definition is all the gear no idea.

Soldato

They still get the benefit of the aero frame even if they can't use the aero bars. They would be slower still on a none TT bike if they can't use the aero bars on a road bike. I guess those people should really use an aero road bike and have some aero bars setup quite high where they can use them.

Back
Top Bottom