BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
No cruise as standard? Wow.

IIRC cruise control is standard but you get the brake function added as part of the driver comfort pack, which also adds rear (and optional front) parking sensors).

I have it on mine as well, and it basically automatically brakes whilst going downhill with cruise on to stop the car exceeding the set speed. It's not to be confused with adaptive cruise which is not available for M135i/M140i.

Man of Honour
IIRC cruise control is standard but you get the brake function added as part of the driver comfort pack

The BMW standard cruise control offering (As opposed to the Adaptive system) has been 'with brake function' for about 10 years now. If he's added 'cruise control with brake function' then cruise isn't standard.

It is an irritating feature, IMHO.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29543413 said:
The BMW standard cruise control offering (As opposed to the Adaptive system) has been 'with brake function' for about 10 years now. If he's added 'cruise control with brake function' then cruise isn't standard.

This. I never found it to be overly intrusive on BMWs as it just coasts back to the set speed. The one on my A6 Audi is incredibly aggressive - felt like an emergency stop when I left it to coast after a big increase in speed on the motorway :eek:

As standard I think you only get a speed limiter function on the 1 series.
Speed limiters are pointless. Could be dangerous as well should you need to floor it to avoid an accident from behind, getting out of the way of blues and twos, etc.

Associate
The Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi is pants on the 1-2 series unfortunately it's suitable but not what you expect my old Audi A3 with the b&o system was miles better. The 3/4 series got a miles better system.

Only thing that annoyed me with the options from new the full screen nav is great though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Speed limiters are pointless. Could be dangerous as well should you need to floor it to avoid an accident from behind, getting out of the way of blues and twos, etc.

I use mine quite often and find it very useful. It also temporarily over rides itself if you use certain amount of throttle for the situations you describe there.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29543491 said:
I use mine quite often and find it very useful. It also temporarily over rides itself if you use certain amount of throttle for the situations you describe there.
Fair enough, makes sense that it's moved on since a 2001 Merc C Class :p

Soldato
Struggle with parking do we?

Not quite, but I was interested and wanted to see what it's like. If it does the job, great. If not, I'll do it the old manual way.

On the note of the speed over-ride: My e65 has it, so I can safely overtake when necessary and the car returns to designated speed once I've left off the accelerator.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;29543413 said:

Fair enough, I don't remember as I ordered mine almost 15 months ago now, but I needed cruise and wanted front & rear parking sensors which I why I chose the "Drive Comfort Pack" option.

Soldato
My car came with a iphone 4 cradle thing. My workmate told me this is to hook the iphone upto the car for calls/ music etc.

Just bought a iphone 4s to use as a media device and plugged it into the cradle and it does nothing except charge....

Gunna take a wild guess that the car needs the screen thing to be able to do anything with this cradle?

Meaning the cradle and iphone 4s is absolutely useless to me, given that all i wanted it for was music?

Soldato
Ever since I bought my e46 330I I've always felt the throttle input is laggy. I've done many resets of the adaptations yet it still feels laggy. Is this just the characteristics?

Man of Honour
My car came with a iphone 4 cradle thing. My workmate told me this is to hook the iphone upto the car for calls/ music etc.

Just bought a iphone 4s to use as a media device and plugged it into the cradle and it does nothing except charge....

Gunna take a wild guess that the car needs the screen thing to be able to do anything with this cradle?

Meaning the cradle and iphone 4s is absolutely useless to me, given that all i wanted it for was music?

Just use a USB stick in the USB interface or does it not have this either?

The cradle on the e90 was for charging and signal boosting and never for entertainment use.

Soldato
I dunno, where would it be? i only spotted the iphone cradle the other day once my mate told me what it was.

Guy i bought it off said you can connect the phone over bluetooth, which i have done but i can't find how to stream music... It streams calls,phonebook n that.

Its got AUX but much rather have something so i can just stick a media player in there and leave it there and not have to mess about with my phone.

Soldato
Having a moment. Guess i could just buy a charger for the iphone and have it plugged into the AUX.

would have just prefered it where i could control it from the stereo or steering wheel which i thought that cradle thing did.

Soldato
Ok cheers fox. Guess i could have done with that idrive as it looks like people with that can do it.

Just checked and no usb in the armrest. Is that not another idrive thing?

Was looking at double din head units last night but its seems a right ******* to get it fitted and i just cannot be arsed with messing around with stuff like that anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi is pants on the 1-2 series unfortunately it's suitable but not what you expect my old Audi A3 with the b&o system was miles better. The 3/4 series got a miles better system.

Only thing that annoyed me with the options from new the full screen nav is great though.

Can't speak for the HK on the 1 and 2 series because I have the advanced loudspeakers, but they're not much worse than the F31 HK's, to my ears at least.

Back
Top Bottom