• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION: WANNA PRE-ORDER?

Soldato
A none founders edition will be £540.

It's been over discussed, but as already mentioned, such a price really makes zero sense in the presence of the inferior FE at £615+, other than it being the price people WANT to see. Unless of course the cheaper cards haven't been seen yet (apart from that Galax clown one) and there's a whole raft of them which are actually worse than the FE therefore will slot in at a much lower price. If many of the custom cards do only feature 8-pin though, this may keep the price a bit lower... still not £540 though, not for the decent ones.

Soldato
Being realistic I think the SC might come in at just shy of £600 and then the SC+ £620 FTW £650 classified £680/£699

i'm thinking the same. Will have to see what they are at around 2pm. £650 is a bit steep for me if they are that price. Any more than that then certainly not. Hoping for cheaper.

Depends mainly on the price difference between the SC and FTW.

Soldato
Do all the partner boards come out at once?

I kind of assumed that they would eek them out over months. Getting faster and faster each time. So the very fastest/coolest 1080 cards will be out immediately?

Associate
i'm thinking the same. Will have to see what they are at around 2pm. £650 is a bit steep for me if they are that price. Any more than that then certainly not. Hoping for cheaper.

Depends mainly on the price difference between the SC and FTW.

Obviously there is the worst case scenario where the SC is priced above the FE and then it's all downetworks Hill from there

Permabanned
6b8c21923c0700a3e376e0e6028c8af04a4ff7b38c453e21.jpg

Associate
My specs are i5 2500k @ 4.3ghz and 970 with a 144hz gsync monitor at 1920x1080, is the 1080 worth getting? While I game at a comparably low resolution, I really love 100+ fps. The GTX 1080 seems like it would be a good investment for sheer framerates. The CPU is my minor concern really. When does it get to the point where the CPU is a bottleneck? Are any others going to get the GTX 1080 with a similar CPU?

The 1070 should be enough for your needs, the cpu should be fine, dont know if the cpu may need to be clocked higher for frame rates over 120 fps though.

Back
Top Bottom