Oil change at national tyres ? Bmw E60

Associate
My cars due a oil change soon an just had a quote from these for ,
Fuchs Titan GTI Pro-C3 5w30 XTL £60 inc the filter

Has anyone used these for a oil change ?
It's a 2008 525i

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, a 5 litre bottle of that oil is the best part of £30 and that engine must need 6 or 7 litres. Even being optimistic and saying you can get 7 litres for £40 means that coupled with £10 or so for the oil filter (filter even for my E90 320d is £12 on ECP), their price is actually quite reasonable.

Unless of course it is possible to get that oil and the filter massively cheaper, in which case I retract my statement ;)

Soldato
Provided it meets the BMW specification then any oil (providing its the right viscosity for our climate) will do. I can't comment on the E60, but for mine (F30 320d) it is BMW Longlife-04 (LL04). The petrols use LL01 and LL03 I believe.

The reasons that these national chains can afford to have low prices on the oil change isn't because they use the wrong oil, far from it, they buy it in such vast quantities it's far cheaper than we can buy at 5-8 litres at a time.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I suppose it's down to the guy at national tyres too depending how good he is for car maintenance, the local one to be has idiots working there so I will be traveling 15 mins down the road and taking it to another branch of I use them ,
Thanks for the replays , I will have a look at that oil it's a great price :)

Soldato
I sat through a load of pages of reviews in German looking for a decent alternative to the very expensive Castrol edge for my e65 and best I came up with was this:

http://www.hunt4spares.co.uk/mannol...engine-motor-oil-vw-505015050050200-514-p.asp

20 litres for sub £60. Meets ll-04.

Reviewed well in lab tests. I have mine on the way now :)

Good to know, thanks. I was going to take mine to National and I was a bit concerned about the quality of the oil and filter they use, probably the cheapest filter they can buy and whatever oil they have out back. For just a bit more cost I can do 3 oil changes with this, and I know what oil and filter were used and it was done thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom