Autoglass mess-up means I have to pay for MOT again

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
This doesnt come as a surprise at all to me, i fear the day i get another cracked windscreen and have to call these guys out.

My recent Range Rover screen took 3 separate visits with 2 guys per visit, and lots of phone calls back and forth to arrange each one. Just how much margin does this shower have in each fitting that this sort of nonsense is sustainable :p

Soldato
Problem customer alert. Can't plan his own life so blames the company. See this all the time with Thursday customers trying to get goods before the weekend.

Man of Honour
Did you read the OP? They had 2 weeks to order a screen and fit it.

You ordered a part they don't carry in stock so therefore you run the risk of their suppliers letting them down or it just generally taking time to get the part in, if I order a part from a dealer for my bike that's not in stock then it's usually a 10 day wait minimum.

Soldato
OP
You ordered a part they don't carry in stock so therefore you run the risk of their suppliers letting them down or it just generally taking time to get the part in, if I order a part from a dealer for my bike that's not in stock then it's usually a 10 day wait minimum.

They should have said that there would be a delay when I rang them, all they said was the insurer would have to approve it, which didn't take long.

So yesterday I rang them, they said somebody would get back to me never did. Today the same thing, so rang their customer service and they told me they never had the screen and will have to wait up to 12 more days!

I wanted a Ford part because I read somewhere that the non-Ford ones can have problems with the heated bits, if I'd have known it would be this much hassle I wouldn't have bothered. I've had to get a windscreen for every car I've owned and it's never been this much of a problem. I don't really understand why I have to go to so much effort to find out why the job hasn't been done with plenty of notice.

Associate
All you can do is take it up with them and see what happens but very much doubt they will do anything as they will say the request for genuine glass means a wait for the order for which they will prob say they cannot guarantee delivery times due to it being out of there hands

Soldato
You requested a part you knew they didn't have in stock - it may very well be the case the item is an order in part at ford which could mean a few weeks on back order. This is pretty standard practise across the parts industry.

You should have planned better, or accepted the oem part.

Soldato
OP
So to update, I finally got the windscreen today, 29 days after first contacting them. Later on their customer service department phoned me to say they will refund the £100 excess :eek:;)

Soldato
Mine is being fitted this morning. Let's hope *pray* it goes smoothly.

Dried the screen and surrounding area for him as per his request. I can see its purpose... and it also stops him from getting wet! :p

edit: All well and good, even the weather stayed nice. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom