Monaco Grand Prix 2016, Monte Carlo - Race 6/21

Soldato
Be awesome to them win Championship again.

No, because then we'd see more of Horner's smug face.

Would much prefer Ferrari or McLaren (lol) to be the Merc. topplers. but neither seems likely at the moment. Something also seems to be brewing at Maranello, whether it's the pressure from Marchionne or what, but errors are creeping in and there was a shot of the mechanics yesterday in FP2 and they all looked fairly miserable.

They just aren't were everyone expected them to be this season, I'd expect Vettel to be pretty demanding behind the scenes too.

Soldato
The quickest Red Bull qualified 0.680 behind Lewis in Spain which is mainly an aero track. Sector 3 which all the commentators said was an indication of Monaco, the Mercs were the fastest. So what you are saying is all of a sudden on another aero track and in the space of two weeks the Mercs have lost pace. 0.68 + 0.6 in two weeks. I admit it will be close because this track cancels out the the need to have a strong drivetrain but the Merc chassis is by no means inferior to the Red Bulls.

You forgetting that Daniel has new upgraded engine for this race (Max will get new one from next race). I'm not saying that he's gonna be fastest out there but that 0.6 should be smaller and it might only take a tiny mistake from Louis or Nico to end up behind him.

Associate
You forgetting that Daniel has new upgraded engine for this race (Max will get new one from next race). I'm not saying that he's gonna be fastest out there but that 0.6 should be smaller and it might only take a tiny mistake from Louis or Nico to end up behind him.

I agree it is gonna be close but here the engine does not matter as much. So the extra BHP the new Renault unit provides will only be visible in Canada. But here in Monaco its mostly aero that matters and the RB is not 1.2s better.

Soldato
We will find out tomorrow. :) I'd say RB car is better than Merc so with a smaller power difference they have a good chance of being very close to Merc here.
(Now that I said that I expect merc 1, 2 by over 2 seconds tomorrow. :D)

Soldato
The start is going to be fun if the RBs are 3 and 4 behind a Merc front row.

Am I right in thinking that RB aero doesn't suffer anywhere near as much as a Merc's if they're tucked in behind another car?

Caporegime
Wow, the entrance into the second part of the Swimming Pool is soooo much faster now!

Someone will be in the barrier on the exit having clipped the second curb, guaranteed.

Caporegime
This is why Monaco is a vital part of F1. Its not a crap track, its a difficult track. The margin of error is zero, yet to do well you have to push 110%.

The lack of any racing is made up for by seeing the drivers properly tested for one of the only times all year. I love playing this track in games because nailing a perfect lap feels genuinely like a real achievement.

Max cut a corner by 1cm too much, and starts last. You could miss an apex by 5m in Russia and barely notice it!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Totally agree, Monaco is great and also basically no space to create massive run offs, so shouldn't change to badly over the years.

Back
Top Bottom