Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Yeah definitely 1 more race wondering if we knew who.

Logic dictates Bretonia but assuming old world focus continues Skaven, Wood Elf or at a stretch Chaos Dwarves could be introduced. Be interesting if they make Tilea/Estelia playable or Norsca. Tilea with Dogs of War :D

I don't know much about Warhammer, I assume Bretonia is fairly similar to Empire though?

I'd much prefer the new race be something fairly different from what we currently have. Maybe something with a different playstyle like Chaos.

Soldato
For some reason my campaigns are no longer loading since switching to my 1080 :(

Ok it was V-Sync that stopped things being loaded..\

edit again: now it's crashing all the time in the campaign...

I just did a 8 hour stability test in windowed mode with no v sync and no crashing after crashing a lot yesterday. Give that a go and see what's what. I also disabled steam over lay and precision x.

Soldato
So what's the verdict, worth getting?

IMO I would say so. Only played about 6 hours or so but I'm hooked.

Minimal launch issues, great race variety, genuinely fun gameplay (though if you don't like TW games this won't change that) lots of unique mechanics, overall after I was pretty tentative knowing CA history I'm hugely impressed.

I don't know much about Warhammer, I assume Bretonia is fairly similar to Empire though?

I'd much prefer the new race be something fairly different from what we currently have. Maybe something with a different playstyle like Chaos.

Bretonnia are similar but pretty substantial differences in combat style, they are more about massed cavalry charges of hugely powerful knights and their infantry are weak. Different focus to a more balanced Empire.

Ultimately though I would prefer a Wood Elf or Skaven sort of race.

Associate
Really enjoying so far. Finally conquered my first region after 49 turns!

Then loads of chaos heroes turn up and I can't attack them on the map. What's that all about?

Man of Honour
Really enjoying so far. Finally conquered my first region after 49 turns!

Then loads of chaos heroes turn up and I can't attack them on the map. What's that all about?

Yeah, I'm playing as the Vampire Counts and Chaos when they arrive , with Archaon and their allied factions are a real pain. They turn up with HUGE stacks and rapidly beat down loads of provinces. It was close to the knuckle but I finally managed to turn them over and kill them all and took Chaos out of the game. Now on Turn 185 and starting to make headway into the Empire territories

Soldato
Works in Windowed Mode!!

You have saved my life, I love you!!!

44349783.jpg

Soldato
As vampire counts I've sided with the faction in the start area, I'm guessing I should put an end to this? Is there a way to combine your armies if you have two leaders as the dwarfs seem to have 3 in one settlement, not sure I can win without another army?

Soldato
Is there anything I can do about the level 30 banshees the vampire counts have? They keep wiping out all of my heroes and lords every turn. Can't even touch them.

Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom