Rofl

Man of Honour
http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1860-1074772,00.html

SILVESTRI: I'd Rather Have Henry

Mikael Silvestre has admitted he reckons Manchester United would have a better chance of winning the Premiership title with Thierry Henry in the side rather than Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Asked if he had a preference between Van Nistelrooy and his fellow Frenchman, Silvestre revealed: "I would take Henry because he is a lot faster.

"That is very important in English football and Henry also gives a team more attacking options."

Silvestre, who recently signed a new four-year deal at the club, also claimed United have to make new signings if they are to reclaim their pre-eminence in English football.

"At the moment there is not enough strength in depth and I feel we need some more players," he told the Daily Star. "We are too short in some areas of the team. For example, we have only three strikers - Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Diego Forlan.

"On the left side of defence I am the only left-footed player and it is the same with Gary Neville on the right."

LOL :D

Soldato
lol i read this earlier, the utd fans might prefer to have rvn but their players obviously know who is better :p

Associate
not really surprising?

anybody who has any idea what they're talking about would take henry if you had a choise

Soldato
Yes id rather have a player that didnt score as many goals as Ruud did last year, and hasnt scored as many goals as Ruud has THIS year either.
If we take this to its logical conclusion, we might as well chop Ruud in for Angel and not score any goals at all.:p

Soldato
the funny thing is ruud is the ONLY guy who usually scores for man yoo, all the balls come to him

henry had more goals than rvn in the premier league last yr and this yr, rvn played more cl games and had more cl goals last yr

henry is also 3rd is this yrs assists with 6 assists

ruud furthest goal this yr has come from 7 yards hmmmmm ;) its been a while since rvn scored heh

i know who i would rather have :p

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
the funny thing is ruud is the ONLY guy who usually scores for man yoo, all the balls come to him

henry had more goals than rvn in the premier league last yr and this yr, rvn played more cl games and had more cl goals last yr

henry is also 3rd is this yrs assists with 6 assists

ruud furthest goal this yr has come from 7 yards hmmmmm ;) its been a while since rvn scored heh

i know who i would rather have :p

Jazz mate do you never give up ?

We have had this argument about before. All Arsenal Fans wanted Henry All Man Utd fans wanted RVN and the neutrals wanted Henry.

We all have our reasons for this and this will just start off another flame. The other thing you have to respect and realise RVN had that amazing season last year coming straight off the back of a 12 month plus lay off from a severe knee injury which to me makse it more impressive.

I feel we have yet to see the best from either of these two players who are undoubetdly great at the roles they occupy for there clubs.

Permabanned
Is this old chestnut still going?

Ruud fits better in a Man Utd team, Henry looks class compared to the rest of Arsenal. Game over, discussion ended, topic finished.

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by MrCrispy
Is this old chestnut still going?

Ruud fits better in a Man Utd team, Henry looks class compared to the rest of Arsenal. Game over, discussion ended, topic finished.

No. That is merely YOUR opinion.

I thinik henry would be better anywhere.

Seems the manyoo players think so too...

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gilly
No. That is merely YOUR opinion.

I thinik henry would be better anywhere.

Seems the manyoo players think so too...

only one man utd player gilly and it is only his opinion same as MrChrispy has his opinion and you and everyone else does as well.

"Ruud fits better in a Man Utd team, Henry looks class compared to the rest of Arsenal. Game over, discussion ended, topic finished."

I agree completely. Arsenal are to mea two man team, without Vieira and Henry they are an average premier league team.

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
I agree completely. Arsenal are to mea two man team, without Vieira and Henry they are an average premier league team.

roflmao.gif

You cant honestly believe that can you?

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Nismo
roflmao.gif

I thought the same as you obviously do :D

--

Memph.. I didn't take umbridge with the fact that he disagrees with me. Only that he discounts everyone else's opinion by saying 'Game over, discussion ended, topic finished. '

It aint game over, it aint discussion ended and it certainly aint topic finished. By saying this he has said that his opinion is right, whereas all other opinions are wrong.

What about all those neutrals, which includes me, that choose Henry over Kneestillsore? Why would the neutrals all choose one if he wasn't a better player?

It's all by-the-by now anyway. Over the last two games jamie Milner has a better strike rate :D

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Nismo
roflmao.gif

er no I dont I forgot Pires.

ok gilly I read it a different way just thought he meant from his point of view game over topic ended etc. Plus I thought he was being pretty accurate in what he said.

I Guess its all down to interpretation.

Soldato
memphisto, i was just replying to atpbx's comments

last yr ljundberg scored all the important goals maybe we rely on him as well

bergkamp made a huge contribution with all his assists last yr so we rely on him

u remember pires as well now.

damn we now rely on 5 players

u see even though henry scores most of our goals he isnt our only goal scorer, when rvn is playing bad man utd look average coz there is no one their to score their goals

u take zidane out of real madrid and they are not the same

u see every team has their best players, to say they are a 2 man team is silly coz arsenal play as a team not individuals this is what makes us better than the rest.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz
memphisto, i was just replying to atpbx's comments

last yr ljundberg scored all the important goals maybe we rely on him as well

bergkamp made a huge contribution with all his assists last yr so we rely on him

u remember pires as well now.

damn we now rely on 5 players

u see even though henry scores most of our goals he isnt our only goal scorer, when rvn is playing bad man utd look average coz there is no one their to score their goals

u take zidane out of real madrid and they are not the same

u see every team has their best players, to say they are a 2 man team is silly coz arsenal play as a team not individuals this is what makes us better than the rest.

I dont rate Berkgamp or Ljunberg that highly im afraid mate i.e as highly as vieira or Henry or Pires. So that still only makes 3.

Last edited:
Soldato
really?

bergkamp had 11 assists last yr, pires had 15, he is one our most important players any arsenal fan will tell ya, ljundberg scores in quite a few games and if hadnt been around we would dropped a lot of points towards the end,

i dont rate keane but if u ask a man yoo fan they will tell u he is great, i dont think he is all that tbh, but to man yoo he is very important

u beat us on a bad day thats all good, but u had 3 or 4 first teamers out (rio, beckham and keane) hardly ur reserve team, u might of won the battle but im afraid ur loosing the war

i saw ur comments before btw :p

remember a team has a defense which as important as ur attack, campbell had a good season, ashley cole was brilliant on the left, and lauren and keown are both looking decent as well

Man of Honour
no doubt the gunners have a really good side with a lot of top quality players but like i said I really do think you rely heavily upon Henry and Vieira.

We used to rely on Keane, Becks, Scholes and Gigs too much in my view and in some ways we still do but In my view with Veron turning the corner Butt Playing well (before injury) both the nevilles to some extent beinning to come through a bit more I just think we have at the moment are slightly stronger and could handle injuries (like we have had to) slightly better than Arsenal.

By this I mean if Henry and Vieira were both injured and out for say 3 games each at the same time as opposed to say RVN and BEcks we could handle it a bit better.

But both teams are undoubetdly great in there own right and it is blatantly going to be down to personal preference which and who each fan prefers.

I hope Liverpool win tommorrow though as then I think it would be a more open and interesting Title race not only with us catching up a bit but also that chelsea and pool would be in a better situation.

Soldato
As a neutral Southampton supporter I would have to say I would love to have Henry. I wouldn't however be so keen on having Ruud. Mainly because Ruud never really makes his own chances, whereas Henry can. Van Nistelrooy should score as many goals as he does because he has enough chances.....and it does seem like he is missing most of them nowadays doesnt it :D I can't even remember the last time he scored!!

Also as a neutral I belive that Keane is poo and Man United can play better without him. Veron is your best player in midfield with Beckham and Scholes. Without them you would be nothing, in the same way that someone said that Arsenal would be nothing without Henry or Vieira. Like someone else said, every team in the world has players that they severely miss when they don't play, so saying that Arsenal are a 2 man team is ridiculous.

Besides, there is no way that Arsenal are going to be stopped on the way to another premiership title this year until Southampton visit Highbury hehe :p

Hinch

Back
Top Bottom