Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Love that video, but think I saw it as part of another GCN one before and not the whole thing. Needless to say, I climb loads slower than him and anything prolonged much over 20% I have to stand. No way I can ride it seated like he seems able to - feels like my kneecaps will pop off! :eek:
In Belgium that horrific road would be ripped up.
And new cobbles put down.
Then they would send 200 boys up it 3 times in the space of 4 hours.

I want a shot on that hill.
To be honest cobbles would probably be a better surface! It doesn't help that the thing goes through some forestry with loads of overhanging trees/firs...

Know much of it from growing up around there and doing a good few years of forestry and farm work. My parents still live near and my family farm is right next to it. Really need myself a CX so I can have a crack at some of the lanes I know! :D

You're welcome to come and have a shot! I can find loads of them around that area if you want them!
https://www.strava.com/segments/998544
https://www.strava.com/segments/2641705
https://www.strava.com/segments/4079514
https://www.strava.com/segments/1874147

Soldato
Not sure if anyone is doing Tour of Cambridgeshire at the weekend, but I'll be riding the TT course on the Friday and will be having a post race beer on the Saturday in the local area. (first for 7 weeks could be interesting :p)

I'm coming down for this but probably not sticking around after for too long. When are you off?

Soldato
On my Rose bike it's an 11 speed chain - however I was going to take the chain off today and soak it and clean it - but can't see any "missing link/break" in the chain?

Am I supposed to break it myself and in which case i then need an 11 speed link to attach?

Soldato
Talking about chains: mine is absolutely disgusting. Best way to clean it? And then re-lube? Also, who make good chains? Are the KMC ones pretty good? And what's the deal with amount of chain links? :S

Last edited:
Soldato
I've decided now that I am no longer going to waste my money on buying gels. They seem to do virtually nothing for me. Anyone else not bother with gels?

I think I've finally found the answer to all my food problems though, half a soreen loaf, compacted into a miniature brick, wrapped in foil then put in a jersey pocket!

Associate
Now that lunch is out of the way.....So the 3 saddle sores on my left testicle merged into one giant saddle sore over the weekend, yesterday it turned black. Today, it split open, blood absolutely everywhere. Today has not been a comfortable day to sit behind a desk :)

Oh, and my Di2 battery died on me this morning, stuck in the small ring until it's pretty much downhill on the way home.

Soldato
I've decided now that I am no longer going to waste my money on buying gels. They seem to do virtually nothing for me. Anyone else not bother with gels?

I think I've finally found the answer to all my food problems though, half a soreen loaf, compacted into a miniature brick, wrapped in foil then put in a jersey pocket!

I don't use them, but I've never used one. I take Eat Natural breakfast bars, and jelly babies.

Soldato

I use both gels and soreen lunch bars - banana flavour, mmmmm :)

Soldato
Now that lunch is out of the way.....So the 3 saddle sores on my left testicle merged into one giant saddle sore over the weekend, yesterday it turned black. Today, it split open, blood absolutely everywhere. Today has not been a comfortable day to sit behind a desk :)

Oh, and my Di2 battery died on me this morning, stuck in the small ring until it's pretty much downhill on the way home.

:eek:

Ewww....just....ewww!

Soldato

I...I think you need to see a doctor?!

Moving swiftly on

Associate
lmao you need to sort out your shorts, you position or get a new saddle!

I've gone through so many saddles, think I have 8 now. Shorts definitely do make a huge difference, expensive ones with decent padding seem the way to go. Commuting every day makes it expensive though. Might start buying a pair a month though.

Soldato
I've gone through so many saddles, think I have 8 now. Shorts definitely do make a huge difference, expensive ones with decent padding seem the way to go. Commuting every day makes it expensive though. Might start buying a pair a month though.

Spending money on a pair of Assos shorts: £150. Keeping your testicles: priceless.

Soldato

Leave gels for racing. Have proper food if you're not

They've become popular among recreational riders because they contribute to that "pro look"

Soldato
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom