PWM Fan controller

Soldato
Afternoon,

I have 4 PWM fans all fitted to my rads now and only 2 slots on my mobo for fans. So i am looking for a controller.

Any ones to look out for? Also is it as simple as connecting the controller to one of the fan ports on the mobo and the speeds will auto adjust? First time with PWM.

Thanks.

Soldato
I got a phanteks one with my case, was fairly simple to set up, it just plugged into the CPU header and is powered by a sata power connector. I havent tried any others though so i dont know if mine is a good example or not.

Associate
Hi Joe, if you wanted the cheapest option you could get fan splitters which would let you connect 2 fans to each header.
There is also the NZXT Grid+ V2 which would let you control the speed of the fans using the CAM software.
You also have the more traditional choice, a 5.25" bay fan controller which are generally powered from the psu directly and the rpm of the fans controlled using knobs/buttons on the front.
Assuming that you have a free bay in your case.

Hope this helps.

:)

Soldato
Soldato
OP
PWM splitter. Plug in to one PWM enabled motherboard header, controls multiple PWM fans.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/akas...-5-pwm-case-fans.-ak-cbfa03-45-cb-070-ak.html

Or this one..

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/akasa-ak-cb002-pwm-fan-splitter-cable-cb-031-ak.html

No need to mess with traditional fan controllers or Phanteks PWM hubs when your fans are already PWM.

If you don't have an available PWM header then things are different.

Oh, so as long as my MOBO supports PWM (Which i think it does) all i need to do is use the splitters and use the ASUS software?

Also, do i plug my pump into this splitter too? or should that be in its own port on the mobo?

Thanks to everyone else who replied too :cool:

Soldato
Oh, so as long as my MOBO supports PWM (Which i think it does) all i need to do is use the splitters and use the ASUS software?

Also, do i plug my pump into this splitter too? or should that be in its own port on the mobo?

Thanks to everyone else who replied too :cool:

Exactly!

The Phanteks PWM hub IS NOT A PWM HUB !! It is a PWM controlled adapter hub for 3-pin variable voltage fans.

Back
Top Bottom