Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I make a post, one of the key themes of which was criticising ill thought out rhetoric which does little more than question the sanity of anyone who opposes it and you proceed to quote me and do the exact same thing :p
Give him a break, he's probably still tired from the early start for his paper round.

Soldato
Britain leaves the EU. In order to be part of EU single market means accepting the four freedoms of goods, services, capital, and labour that go with the EU single market. It means swallowing EU rules, and much of the EU Acquis, and it means paying into the EU budget. How in the gods name in hell does anyone wanting to exit the EU not understand this? The only thing that would change by UK leaving the EU is that the UK would no longer have a seat at the table in the discison making process.

Except the basis for many of the regulations that end up in Acquis are formed by pan-national forum (automotive standards for instance). At these forum the EU represents the UK. If we leave we actually would get a bigger voice because we would represent ourselves. In some respects Norway gets a better voice in the EEA than the UK does in the EU. Also you don't have to apply Acquis inside your own country to activities that don't impinge on the EU. Outside the EU we would be free to create our own trade deals instead of waiting for the EU to drag its feet to form one based on 28 national interests.
We also probably get to keep all our existing trade deals via presumed continuation.
So mostly out but toes in offers freedom and benefits that are different not necessarily worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Britain leaves the EU. In order to be part of EU single market means accepting the four freedoms of goods, services, capital, and labour that go with the EU single market. It means swallowing EU rules, and much of the EU Acquis, and it means paying into the EU budget. How in the gods name in hell does anyone wanting to exit the EU not understand this? The only thing that would change by UK leaving the EU is that the UK would no longer have a seat at the table in the discison making process.

Remember Britexit freedom of labour is all part of the founding principals of the single market.

Some of us wanting to exit the EU don't want to be part of the single market or have a trade deal.

Caporegime
If this forum is anything to go by, leave voters are 2:1. There wont be another referendum we are 30% ahead. A confortable majority. Only sone media meddling or something serious can change now.

The media will likely put a ban on all negative reporting of the EU, call Leave main people (other than the big hitters) get the small fish in and try to make them look stupid. That and more fear, fire and brimstone if we exercise a democratic dexision

Unfortunately this forum isn't anything to go by :p I think that stay is on course for victory for the simple reason that I haven't seen the European establishment (Cameron, Juncker, Merkel, 'Ollande, Tusk et al) panicking in the same way we saw the British establishment panic when it looked like Leave might win the Scottish referendum.

If I see Juncker on screen offering the UK something like Devo' Max then I'll know he's worried about the outcome!

Permabanned
Except the basis for many of the regulations that end up in Acquis are formed by pan-national forum (automotive standards for instance). At these forum the EU represents the UK. If we leave we actually would get a bigger voice because we would represent ourselves. In some respects Norway gets a better voice in the EEA than the UK does in the EU. Also you don't have to apply Acquis inside your own country to activities that don't impinge on the EU. Outside the EU we would be free to create our own trade deals instead of waiting for the EU to drag its feet to form one based on 28 national interests.
We also probably get to keep all our existing trade deals via presumed continuation.
So mostly out but toes in offers freedom and benefits that are different not necessarily worse.

Norway is an extremely bad example for you to quote, Norway does indeed have access to the EU Single Market without full EU membership, but that comes at a democratic cost. In fact, it is an illusion: I would call it membership without a vote. Even Norway’s own EU minister admitted as much.

V F

V F

Soldato
Unfortunately this forum isn't anything to go by :p I think that stay is on course for victory for the simple reason that I haven't seen the European establishment (Cameron, Juncker, Merkel, 'Ollande, Tusk et al) panicking in the same way we saw the British establishment panic when it looked like Leave might win the Scottish referendum.

If I see Juncker on screen offering the UK something like Devo' Max then I'll know he's worried about the outcome!

Or the fact Europe will keep forcing us to vote until they get the result they want? It has happened before.

Soldato
Or the fact Europe will keep forcing us to vote until they get the result they want? It has happened before.

Several times in fact :)

Well I will report on my little social experiment:

In the last thread I was told approaching it as a frothing at the mouth leave proponent was why I only met 1 person who would stay. So I have pretended to be a remainer... Spoke to 19 further people (yeah I don't get out much). All leavers... Still not seeing all the remain side here!

Soldato
Our votes and veto's become more worthless by the year. The sham renegotiation gave away more than it gained. The ECJ has routinely extended the powers of the EU beyond that enshrined in treaty through judicial activism and our commitment not to stand in the way of measures required to allow the functioning of the Euro area will no doubt creep to pulls us into further integration. Or at least that is my belief based on watching similar happen time and again over the years.

If we leave and opt in our Parliament is sovereign and can repudiate as and when it is in our interests, in likelihood this may be never but EEA membership would put an absolute cap on our integration on EU which cannot be guaratneed by a Remain vote.

Associate
Several times in fact :)

Well I will report on my little social experiment:

In the last thread I was told approaching it as a frothing at the mouth leave proponent was why I only met 1 person who would stay. So I have pretended to be a remainer... Spoke to 19 further people (yeah I don't get out much). All leavers... Still not seeing all the remain side here!

You're doing it wrong!

Go around pretending you're undecided and ask a further 19 ;)

Soldato
This forum is not representative of the country as a whole. If it were, we'd have Zac Goldsmith as London mayor.

Tbf, London isn't representative of the whole country either. We do pretty well at getting the result of national elections though.

We got the Scottish referendum right, the last election (con majority) and the one before (con/LibDem)

Soldato
You're doing it wrong!

Go around pretending you're undecided and ask a further 19 ;)

Right will do. Am seeing a few people tomorrow night and Sunday so will do the final game and pretend that I don't know what to be more scared of: ISIS teaming up with the Clingons (deliberate on for you scorza) or the trade going down the pan and there being nothing on the supermarket shelves

Associate
Right will do. Am seeing a few people tomorrow night and Sunday so will do the final game and pretend that I don't know what to be more scared of: ISIS teaming up with the Clingons (deliberate on for you scorza) or the trade going down the pan and there being nothing on the supermarket shelves

That's the spirit!!

Let us know how it goes and the results of your research.

Soldato
‘Won’t you join our Common Market?’ said the spider to the fly,
‘It really is a winner and the cost is not too high’
‘I know De Gaulle said ’’ Non’’, but he hadn’t got a clue,
‘We want you in, my friends and I, for we have plans for you.
‘You’ll have to pay a little more than we do, just for now,
‘As Herr Kohl said, and I agree, we need a new milch cow,
‘It’s just a continental term, believe me , mon ami,
‘Like ‘’Vive la France’’ or ‘’Mad Anglais’’ or even ‘’E.E.C.’’.
‘As to the rules, don’t worry friend, there’s really but a few
‘You’ll find that we ignore them - but they all apply to you.
‘Give and share between us, that’s what it’s all about,
‘You do all the giving, and we all share it out.
‘It’s very British, is it not, to help a friend in need?
‘You’ve done it twice in two World Wars, a fact we must concede,
‘So climb aboard the Market Train, don’t sit there on the side,
‘Your continental cousins want to take you for a ride’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom