It's too hot :(

Associate
5am, 27C, "feels like" 32C, 85% humidity. Looking forward to when it actually gets to daytime.

Oh, wait, no I'm not. At all.

Associate
Current wind: 3km/h. Not really enough to help :p But I'm sitting next to an industrial fan in my office, so my local wind speed is probably a little higher.

(Also they're making the whole stopping in the shade way back from traffic lights an offence now, which will change precisely nothing, unless the police need to meet their ticketing quota for the month.)

Associate
Country wide, along with increasing the fines for not stopping at the line on junctions and turning right on red, but as I said (and I'm sure she will be aware), laws and fines make no difference when the police don't bother enforcing them.

Edit/ My bad, the story I read about stopping in the shade referred to people crossing in to the opposite lane to use the shade, which carries a fine of...NT$900. To be honest though, of all the things I could complain about on the roads here, that's near the bottom of my list :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Great day today, got a bit red in the park though.

Have no fan so had to pop my air purifier on a chair to get some air moving as its so hot I'll melt.

Does anyone know where you can get a decent fan from, years ago I used to have a nice chrome one but the key thing was it had variable speeds (like a volume control) as opposed to just fixed low and high... Can't find anything like that these days :(

Soldato
This is glorious weather, the sun in shining and no clouds in the sky, it's the perfect type of weather, so warm you can wear shorts but not hot enough to make you sweat, give me this weather all year round. :cool:

Soldato
Feel sorry for people stuck in offices today.

I'm one of those 'unlucky' few. Since I smoke I can get out and bask in the glory of 24c here but I do wish I wasn't working. Out office isn't air conditioned either and its starting to get a tad warm :(

This is glorious weather, the sun in shining and no clouds in the sky, it's the perfect type of weather, so warm you can wear shorts but not hot enough to make you sweat, give me this weather all year round. :cool:

Yup, its stunning weather. Supposed to be like this all week with highs of 26c but we do have rain forecast for tomorrow

Associate

I could not agree more with this statement. The current weather is simply perfect. :)

Back
Top Bottom