PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Caporegime
You know what I didnt properly read the end of your post :o.

Out of curiosity how much would it have been for the PS4 on its own? Im led to believe everyone dropped their prices as soon as Neo rumours happened.

If I get a PS4 Neo it wont be at launch and Im basically thinking of giving my PS4 to my bro-in-law. I cant imagine their will be that many decent trade in deals

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
My PS4 1TB price matched at £190 on its own. Think that's what you are asking? It went over £200 with games etc.

That was ofcourse for store credit not cash though.

Soldato
Surely they'd want a short period of time between announcement and launch? Announcing an 'enhanced' console is going to impact on the sales of existing models. If the 'enhanced' versions are 12 months away, that's potentially a lot of missed sales. So why announce at E3?
Depends on the price gap between the two.

If they announce a price drop for the base PS4 and then bring the Neo in at $450-500, I dont think it'd make much difference. It's a guaranteed sale at some point for them even if a person waits. Plus they'd still get plenty of base PS4 sales from the more budget-minded. AND of course all the people who have base PS4's already and will double dip on a Neo.

12 months would be a very long time, though. And yea, that's probably not a good strategy. But anytime within 6 months of announcement seems reasonable enough. The rumors so far have been saying a late 2016 release. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it to release in conjunction with PSVR, as I'm pretty sure that is one of the big reasons for the idea of an upgraded console in the first place.

Associate
Looking forward to a hardware revision.

Hoping it runs cooler and quieter than my current PS4 as it now sounds like a vacuum cleaner when playing a game. The upped specs will just be a bonus.

Associate
Depends on the price gap between the two.

If they announce a price drop for the base PS4 and then bring the Neo in at $450-500, I dont think it'd make much difference. It's a guaranteed sale at some point for them even if a person waits. Plus they'd still get plenty of base PS4 sales from the more budget-minded. AND of course all the people who have base PS4's already and will double dip on a Neo.

12 months would be a very long time, though. And yea, that's probably not a good strategy. But anytime within 6 months of announcement seems reasonable enough. The rumors so far have been saying a late 2016 release. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it to release in conjunction with PSVR, as I'm pretty sure that is one of the big reasons for the idea of an upgraded console in the first place.

It might go the other way though for the budget minded people and people who bought the original and want the NEO end up selling their old consoles flooding the second hand market meaning that there will be loads of dirt cheap consoles floating around. This would mean Sony lose out on sales due to the old cheap ps4s on the market.

Soldato
It might go the other way though for the budget minded people and people who bought the original and want the NEO end up selling their old consoles flooding the second hand market meaning that there will be loads of dirt cheap consoles floating around. This would mean Sony lose out on sales due to the old cheap ps4s on the market.
The prospect of buying used has always and will always exist. And there will always be those who prefer to buy new. A price-dropped PS4, even with cheaper used versions out there, will still provide a good sales boost.

Especially if they can swing a 1TB HDD as standard and have all the improvements made with the newer models(cooler and quieter).

Back
Top Bottom