Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
IC3, just in case you're still looking at shoei helmets, helmet city have £70 off and most are £199. :)

I already bought an XR1100, its not on there anymore though. :(

BTW I still think this is one of the sexiest blades around. :cool:
3u5OpS2h.jpg

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
That would be me :D

I'm looking for a 2nd gen factory but please feel free to post it, ta! :D

Edit: At that price I'm guessing it's a gen1 and probably this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-Tuono-1000-RSV-04-Reg-15600-miles-3000-/322144111906?hash=item4b01490d22:g:SX8AAOSwzJ5XWZtE To be fair that is a very nice gen1, very clean.

Just had a quick look at that advert & 15600 miles Red Tuono in Leicester for3k it must be that one surely, I'll post the pics I have & we'll see, WOn't be a mo.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
QZDfIRC.jpg

Let me know if you want the pic with his mobile number in to have a chat with him I won't post it here.
If it is the same one & not the Gen you wanted it's a damn shame as that seems cheap to me for one of those with so few miles up it, Never mind though I was thinking about ya though a. :D

Not much else up there tonight worthy of a pic just loads of the normal Jap stuff nowt "special". Think I've been up there to much in the past as I can't say I think much of it as a meet any more. SOme meets you get a majority of like minded people say 90% that are in to there Bikes & are sociable & 10% who wander about not talking top nobody looking lost/bored/weird. But more & more lately you seem to get meets where there's about 40% like minded Bike heads & about 50% Young shouty image conscious "people" & 10% lost/bored/weird, tonights meet was the latter. :p

Soldato
QZDfIRC.jpg

Let me know if you want the pic with his mobile number in to have a chat with him I won't post it here.
If it is the same one & not the Gen you wanted it's a damn shame as that seems cheap to me for one of those with so few miles up it, Never mind though I was thinking about ya though a. :D

Thanks :) Yeah it's a later gen2 I'm looking for, the gen1 tuono and RSV's are dirt cheap, £3k will get you choice of lots of bikes, many in mint condition. The alternative TL1000 or firestorm look dated vs them. If I ever got a gen1 it'd be an RSV rather than a tuono, the tuono styling is an acquired taste on the early bikes :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I appreciate the info, So you're saying one of these is around the 3 to 4k mark now ?

JKNiVgE.jpg

That's a hell of a lot of bike for that money & I'd Love one but I'd have the same problem in my head as I did with my Shiver, Sooner or later it will go wrong & I will be without a bike for God knows how long until an Italian decides to finally send me the bit I need to put it back on the road. :( Only way forward would be to spend 8k & buy 2 then you can use the one that is running to swap out bits to diagnose your latest electrical glitch on tuther one. :p

Soldato
Yeah, £3-4k max TBH, they're a bargain.

10k miles for £2800

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201605053643384?search-target=usedbikes&make=aprilia&model=rsv1000&page=1&quicksearch=true&postcode=me160bg&radius=1500&sort=default&logcode=p

Like the Gen 2's the higher spec ones command a bit higher price, the gen 1 mille was the standard model and the R had ohlins, forged wheels etc.

RSV R model for under £3k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-RSV-MILLE-R-/201594799006?hash=item2eeffc839e:g:CeYAAOSwiylW~rqd

Like you say though, i wouldn't have one as a main/only bike, I'd need something else for everyday use.

Oh and accidentally did 3 figures (indicated) on the way home from work tonight :p strange thing is, the bike was accelerating faster the faster I was going :D I thought it would start to run out of puff above 90, but then I suppose it was getting into it's stride at 10k rpm :D

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
RSV R model for under £3k

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-RSV-MILLE-R-/201594799006?hash=item2eeffc839e:g:CeYAAOSwiylW~rqd

Like you say though, i wouldn't have one as a main/only bike, I'd need something else for everyday use.

All this for less than 3000 quid are you ******* kidding me :eek:

FOR SALE. Genuine, low mileage, 1st generation Aprilia RSV Mille R. This is the one with Ohlins steering damper, Ohlins forks and rear shock. OZ wheels. Carbon wind deflectors, fairing infill panels front mudguard, rear hugger etc Its in exceptional condition for its age. Its done just under 23000 miles from new. The tyres, chain, and sprockets are virtually like new.

Good job I have no cash at the minute as that would be in my back yard by tomorrow evening, Seriously !!!

Man of Honour
Come on don't leave us in suspense what did you do?

First ride this morning with my new A* GP Plus gloves and Dainese Fulcrum boots.

Nice hand cramp as always when breaking in new gloves, also it's really strange having your pinky attached to your other finger didn't cause any problems just a very weird feeling. Ventilation through the knuckle protection is good kept my hands from sweating like a tap in this humidity. Protection seems good the inside is lined with kevlar, outer leather is a decent thickness but not so much it deadens your feel, dense rubber impact/slide protection on the fingers bottom of plam and outside of the hand and 2 good securing straps at the wrist.

Boots felt like slippers to be honest both on and off the bike very comfortable and only one or 2 iffy shifts due to getting used to how the sole grips the peg but considering they're brand new one or 2 bad shifts is very good going, normally I look like a learner the first time I wear different boots. It looks like I'll be testing their waterproofness on the way home :rolleyes: but being Goretex I expect no problems in that department.

All round very happy, only took me a year to find a pair of boots that actually fitted!!

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I was going back home from my mates house, I go down that dual carrigeway pretty much everyday... someone was sitting on my tail the entire time and I got fed up with it so "gave it some beans" (that's what the cop said), but I got done for looking over my shoulder. For the speed I managed to hit I would have lost my license most likely, I only accelerated and braked to get into left lane, if I was constantly full throttling I'm not sure he would stop me so quickly... ehh. I literally go that ticket like 20 min before my post.

100 quid and 3 points... I never had any offences, he could have gave me a warning. :(

How long do the points stay on the license? Do they clear every 12 months?

Edit:

@tom_e, Mine AP* SP8 are like 2nd skin, can't feel that I've gloves on. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I was going back home from my mates house, I go down that dual carrigeway pretty much everyday... someone was sitting on my tail the entire time and I got fed up with it so "gave it some beans" (that's what the cop said), but I got done for looking over my shoulder. For the speed I managed to hit I would have lost my license most likely, I only accelerated and braked to get into left lane, if I was constantly full throttling I'm not sure he would stop me so quickly... ehh. I literally go that ticket like 20 min before my post.

100 quid and 3 points... I never had any offences, he could have gave me a warning. :(

How long do the points stay on the license? Do they clear every 12 months?

Edit:

@tom_e, Mine AP* SP8 are like 2nd skin, can't feel that I've gloves on. :p

You have to declare them to insurance for 5 though IIRC.

What is the actual offence on the ticket? They can't do you for a shoulder check.

My old A* gloves were exactly the same, hurt like buggery for a few rides until they'd broken in and then like a 2nd skin these ones are no where near as uncomfortable to start with so should break in nicely.

Back
Top Bottom