• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1070 - any takers?

Associate
Well, 1070 arrived this morning, turns out my 7970 Lightning BE is managing to keep the Vive running decent enough.

still not opened the 1070 box, guess it will be going back monday and I can join the 1080 FTW queue!

my only question now... is it rude to take the Haribo out of the box before returning?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Nvidia really is becoming the Apple of the PC market.

"Must buy latest because its shiny and marketing says itz tha best".

Oh god........ please don't remind me.

I worry about the next release/future as we venture further into apple territory. :D

my only question now... is it rude to take the Haribo out of the box before returning?

No, leave a note saying thanks for the charitybo.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Too many people get worried about labels. A few weeks ago the Titan was selling for £800. Now the 1070 is less than half of that and according to all the easily googled benchmarks noticeably faster. Yes in my book 10-15 fps is significant.

Soldato
Too many people get worried about labels. A few weeks ago the Titan was selling for £800. Now the 1070 is less than half of that and according to all the easily googled benchmarks noticeably faster. Yes in my book 10-15 fps is significant.

Ah yes, another Victim of Nvidia's brilliant marketing. Comparing the 1070 to an overpriced Titan-x and thinking you are getting a good deal.

Soldato
Available here in NZ now too and we're also getting rinsed on price. Selling for £444 (if calculated on direct currency conversion) with stock quite freely available. So more expensive than the UK.

Spoke to a guy in my local PC superstore this morning and asked if they've sold any since it was released on Friday. Sold one so far but apparently quite a few 1080s.

Man of Honour
Ah yes, another Victim of Nvidia's brilliant marketing. Comparing the 1070 to an overpriced Titan-x and thinking you are getting a good deal.

Its amazing :( a few years back nVidia would have been crucified for it, these days people even defend them.

Soldato
Its amazing :( a few years back nVidia would have been crucified for it, these days people even defend them.

The Titan I never minded because it priced so that most people won't bother and additionally it's a true high end card. That said the pricing on the 1080 and 1070 is - in my opinion - completely ludicrous.

I've got no problems if people weigh up the pros and cons and decide to plump for either but objectively these cards are priced at least a tier above what they should be. Let's remind ourselves that these are 256 bit bus, GP104 GPUs yet priced along the lines of previous Ti/x80 lines.

It's too far for me to go for in this generation personally.

Soldato
The Titan I never minded because it priced so that most people won't bother and additionally it's a true high end card. That said the pricing on the 1080 and 1070 is - in my opinion - completely ludicrous.

I've got no problems if people weigh up the pros and cons and decide to plump for either but objectively these cards are priced at least a tier above what they should be. Let's remind ourselves that these are 256 bit bus, GP104 GPUs yet priced along the lines of previous Ti/x80 lines.

It's too far for me to go for in this generation personally.

But nvidia said they only used premium components..thats sure worth the extra 100-150 pounds right? I mean components cost like a lot of money.. A LOT OF MONEY... A LOT... ;) ;) ;) :D

Soldato
Are you seriously ignoring all the crucifying that people ARE doing to them over this? Or are you just going to pick out the rare exceptions and then act like they represent the popular opinion?

Back
Top Bottom