Man of Honour
OP
I'll go through this thread tonight and update the attendee list. That might be 4AM or something daft UK time though.

I'm off to Alcatraz now, toodles.

Man of Honour
OP
Say Hello to Papillon for me. :cool:

It looks like I'll never get to ask you what this means. Was it just a typo, someone well known in Switzerland, or did you know that was the nickname I have for my wife?

I hope you are at peace wherever you are, and the trip will go ahead in your honour.

Ride In Peace

Man of Honour
OP
I'm on my honeymoon right now, but I will be doing a big update when I'm back next month to dedicate this tour to Malc30/4T5.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So, things are a bit more normal for me now.

If anyone is 100% in for this, then let me know and I will add you to the attending list.

Man of Honour
OP
Noooo, then I will have to buy an S1000R and a Tuono!

None of this is binding, except for the hotel/hostel fee which I will book next year anyway.

Man of Honour
OP
Ahh it'll only be a v-twin model, I thought you wanted a V4? :)

Although at the moment you'll be outnumbered by 2 litre bikes and a 1300cc :p

Yeah the V4 is my preference, but the Twin is nice too and a lot cheaper!

On these roads a litre bike isn't an advantage as it's all about low weight. I do notice the power loss when I get to the 4km+ high places though which the litre bikes won;t suffer from as much.

dsb

dsb

Associate
My V-Strom 650 sounded awful at altitude two up fully loaded, it kept going put could tell it was lacking air.

Soldato
Yeah I know it'd be fine, but all being well I won't be on the CB :D It's fun keeping it above 7k rpm to keep it in the power but it does get a little tiresome sometimes, I noticed that with the many hairpins on the euro trip. With the luggage and coming out of slow corners up hill I'd have to wait for a few seconds before anything happened!

Soldato
At 2,500 metres my old Aprilia 1200 v twin was seriously down on power, but it only had 130 bhp to begin with and was a heavy old girl. At the same and higher altitudes the IL4 on the S1000XR only lost a little in the mid range (can't really use much of the top end on those roads) and just sounded even angrier!

Back
Top Bottom